Sunday, October 1, 2023

General Conference Weekend

When we were in Rexburg Yardley asked me if she and Lauryn could stay at our house while they were in town for a Bridal Shower. Yardley and Lauryn are super easy and fun and I had no problem saying they could. It happened to be General Conference weekend and they invited Avynlea to come with them to Meridian which she was excited to accept. Kenedy found out about the girls coming and asked if she and Ty could come and then when Ryker found out he asked if he could come, So Yardley and Lauryn were the catalysts for getting all of my kids home for the weekend. Kenedy and Ty picked up Ryker and sent a picture as soon as they got him.
We had such a fun weekend, we stayed up late, played games, made pizzas, watched movies, talked, laughed and in between watched General Conference. Avynlea spent a lot of time with her friends which didn't surprise me, Kenedy did the same thing when she would come home her first couple years of college and I know it will fade as the years and people move on and family becomes more important. I had fun and am so glad my kids all wanted to come home and that they like being here and together.


Kefford took Ty and Ryker with him to Emmett on Saturday to have Kelsey look at Ty's teeth and they wanted to go shooting. Unfortunately it was raining and they were not able to go shooting but they did stop at Kelsey and Brits where Kefford played with their kinetic sand.

On Sunday I made a family dinner and we all ate together before everyone had to take off. Avynlea was the las to leave with Yardley and Lauryn and was crying to me the night before about not wanting to go back. SH loves her roommates and has a lot of fun with them but she just gets homesick. I let her go hang out with Sadie and Madison and that seemed to help her a bit. She was supposed to have her bishop and Stake president interviews for her missionary application but was only able to meet with the Bishop so we made an appointment with the Stake President for the next weekend which means she had to come home again which helped her be ok about leaving. 
I loved having my kids home and was sad to see them leave, I hope that they will continue want to come home and be all together, I love my family!