Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Farmers Market

I have been wanting a lemon tree for so long but obviously cannot have an outdoor tree because it would die in the Idaho weather. I have seen indoor trees and have been casually looking but not doing much about it. On our way home from Rexburg we dropped Rylee off at work and then Kefford needed to make a stop at Zamzows to get some fertilizer for the lawn. While there I saw they had dwarf lemon and lime trees and they were on clearance for $15 regularly $50, I was so excited and bought a lemon tree. The weather was still warm enough during the day to put it outside but as it has cooled off I have been keeping it inside. It needs a lot of light and so I bought an indoor plant light and have been keeping it on during the day. I also have a plant that Cyndi gave me that was looking a little sad so I put that under the light and have seen it perking up. I hope that I can take good care of the tree and that it will eventually produce lemons for me and not die. 
Once I got done with the spooky Halloween quilt I started my winter quilt and was able to finish it pretty quickly. I love how it turned out so much and am excited to get it back from the quilter to be able to use it this Winter.
Saturday morning Kefford wanted to go to the Farmers Market so we got Rylee up and drove into Boise to walk around the market. Rylee and I got strawberry and Nutella crepes which were yummy and we looked at the things for sale but were not tempted by any of them. The highlight of the market was the solar eclipse which was happening while we were there.We did not have special glasses to see it but someone close to us did and let us borrow them to have a peek. The sun was a crescent and it was fun to see it eclipsed.

On Tuesday I took a selfie, I don't know why.

I sent Halloween packages to Kenedy and Ty, Avynlea and Ryker and Kenedy sent a picture of Ty's reaction upon opening the box. It is fun to carry on the traditions that my Mom did for me when I was living at college and as a young married adult. 
Ryker sent a picture asking me if I liked the flannel he bought and if it looked good with the shirt he was wearing it with. I told him it looked great and love that he wanted my opinion.