Saturday, December 18, 2021

Winter Dance Recital and 2:30 Cheer Competition

On Friday December 17th I got to go watch Avynlea cheer at a Girls Basketball game. I always love watching her cheer and she did a great job per usual.
Saturday December 18th was a bust day. I had the winter dance recital I had to be at in the morning for Elevated Dance. I had three classes that were participating and I taught my Monday morning class and my Thursday morning class the same dance so they performed together. At the beginning of the year those classes where very small in number and in the past I have had to cancel the Monday morning class because it is always very small in number and I don't have enough dancers. This year I was worried that I would have to cancel and combine classes so to save me a headache and stress I taught them the same dance. EDP has two shows and in the first show were my combined Monday and Thursday classes and they did a great job! They had fun being on stage and loved performing. I wanted all of my classes in the same show because Avynlea had a cheer competition that day and I was worried about time conflicts but I was too late in relaying that to Melissa, the best she would do was put my classes at the very beginning of each show. 
Evie, Madelyn, Raegan, Emily, Farrah and Scarlett

In the second show I had my Thursday afternoon class perform. As of now I have 5 kids in the class but two were not able to make it to the winter show. These girls performed their tap dance and they also did a great job and looked so cute on the stage. 
Emily, London and Colleen
Right after these cuties performed I had to leave to get to Avynlea's Cheer Competition.

Avynlea and her team competed at the Two:Three-O Competition and it was at Nampa High School. Their team competed in Sideline and Pom and I thought they did a good job. 
I believe they got 3rd place in both categories and the girls were disappointed but hope they are able to do better at their next comp. This has been a hard year for Avynlea and her cheer team, mostly because of the coaches, and I feel that Avynlea and her co-captains need to come together and figure out what they can do to make this team more successful at working together and competing. 
Paige, Natalie and Avynlea