Monday, December 13, 2021

First Part of December

Ashleigh sent me a text asking which Crumbl cookies sounded good to me this week. When I looked them up the only ones that sounded tasty to me were the Hot Chocolate ones so that is the one I told her. The next day, December 3,  I received a delivery of a box of four Hot Chocolate cookies from Ashleigh and Andrew. There was a little note on the box that said "Thank you for your help, we loved having you around". I assume it was a thank you from when I was in California helping with Atticus and Ashleigh and Andrew before, during and after they had the baby. No thank you wasn't necessary as I loved being able to be with them but I sure appreciated the yummy cookies!

I told my girls they could have some cookies and Avynlea wasted no time in cutting off a piece for herself, Rylee had my camera so she documented Avynlea getting and eating her cookie.

December 4: Kenedy went bowling with a big group of friends and she sent me a picture
boys left to right: Caleb, Braxton, Logan, Kael and Austin
girls left to right: Lauren, Dalia, Taylee, Mikayla and Kiana
Kenedy is smack dab in the middle

On December 6 we got our tree decorated. We had the tree up sooner but the tinsel garland that Kefford likes to put on the tree was looking really worn and needed to be retired. We couldn't find any better ones at the store so I ordered two from amazon and we had to wait for those to arrive before we could put any other decorations o the tree. Finally it came and it looked so much better then the old one, definitely a good purchase. The girls put their ornaments on and I added Kenedy's and the ones of Rykers that had his face on them I added as well.
Tuesday December 7, all four of us went to Walmart to pick out some things for Rykers stocking. We ad to send his package that week so it could get to Texas by the 15th so that Ryker could get it from the Mission President at their Christmas Conference. I wanted everyone to be involved with picking out some stuff for him. Kenedy could not participate because she was not home yet for her winter break. After we got his items we came home and everyone helped wrap everything up so I could get it packaged and shipped off.
The girls went ice skating Wednesday night for Mutual and my friend Jessica Mortensen happened to be there with their youth group waiting for their skating time. She was able to get some pictures of Avynlea to send to me but couldn't get any of Rylee. 

Avynlea, Kaitlyn and Lola

Kenedy sent a couple more pictures of her hanging out with her friends
McKoy and Kenedy


We got a Christmas card from Joshua's family and included in it was the sweetest note from Amos...
I am sad I did not get to spend time with him at Thanksgiving but am looking forward to seeing him and his family in January.

The week before Christmas Break was dress up week at both of the girls High Schools. Monday December 13th both of them had "wear your flannel to school" day. I managed to get a picture of them before they both left for school looking so cozy and cute in their flannels.