Sunday, March 28, 2021

With Cousins

Rylee has been complaining about her vision not being so great and so I took her in for an eye appointment. She has 20/20 vision but she does have a slight astigmatism so her Dr recommended very low prescription glasses for when she is in school. On Saturday March 20th Kefford took her to try on some frames, they found the ones they like and ordered them and now we wait for them to come in.
While studying Come Follow Me I read this verse in Section 25 of the Doctrine and Covenants. This section is a revelation through the Prophet Joseph to his wife Emma in regards of the will of the Lord for her. I have been struggling a lot with understanding the Lords will for me and being frustrated with not knowing why things are the way they are. Verse 4 gave me some comfort in helping me to know that I am not being ignored by the Lord and that I need to trust more in His wisdom and timing. It is so hard not being able to have answers and I am trying to have more Faith in my Heavenly Father and trust that He does love me, is aware of me and that the right things are happening for me.

While I was Facetiming Heather on March 22 my phone took a screenshot of her. My phone has a feature that just by touching the back of the phone a certain way it will take a screenshot, I don't know the magic touch but it happens quite a bit. Most of the screenshots I accidentally take I just delete but I liked this one so it was kept.
On Tuesday of Spring Break Ryker took his friend Scotlyn to Nyssa to go flying in Bob's plane. While they were out there Ryker took her in the side by side where they took a couple of pictures together. Ryker loves spending time out at the farm and was really excited to take Scotlyn out there to show her around. They had a pretty good day.
On Wednesday Kefford took Avynlea and Rylee out shooting. They also brought along the little motorcycle so the girls could ride around if they wanted. These two pictures are the pictures that I was sent of their fun outing. Avynlea on the bike and Rylee with the gun.
My good friend Amber stopped by with a special treat for me. It was so fun for her to come by and to be able to visit a bit. I sure do love being around her and with her nursing schedule and my teaching schedule it is harder to find time to get together. Hopefully we can find more time to hang out.
On Friday Avynlea, Rylee and I dropped Kefford and Ryker off at the office in Emmett to get some stuff done while we went on to Sweet to have Doris wax our brows. When we were done we picked up the guys and then stopped in a Kelsey and Brits to chat with them for a minute. Our two families are planning a trip to Hawaii in May and we wanted to talk a little bit about where we were staying. The kids got to visit with their cousins and see their baby bunnies which made them happy. Hazel went back and forth between Avynlea and Rylee showing them her book, she is pretty cute.
Later that day Kefford was helping Ryker fill out some of his mission papers. He needed information about when Ryker had his seizure in elementary school and it gave me great satisfaction to be able to pull out the blog book for that year and give it to Kefford for all the information he needed about that incident.  
Saturday we went out to the farm for the day to visit and to see Whitneys newest baby. She had a little baby boy that they names Dylan and he is so tiny and cute. Kenedy is moving to Texas on Monday for a long term Nanny job she got and she drove home from Rexburg that day and met us in Nyssa. She wanted to see her newest cousin along with all of her cousins and grandparents since she won't be able to for a long time once she leaves.
We all enjoyed the warm weather and spent some time outdoors. Ryker,Kenedy, Rylee, Avynlea and Mikayla all had fun playing on the swing set. 

Ryker and Bob worked a little bit on Bob's model airplane.

We got a picture of Kenedy holding her newest Cousin, the oldest and the youngest of the Grandchildren, for now.

Avynlea and Dylan
Elizabeth and Dylan

Kefford and I left the kids in Nyssa to stay a little bit longer and we took the opportunity to go out on a date. We have heard about a local restaurant called "The Hungry Onion" and we decided to go check it out. We took Ryker's pickup and got our food and then we stopped at a local park to sit in the back of the pickup and eat. It was nice to be outside having a tailgate picnic and I enjoyed being able to spend some time with Kefford.
Sunday we went over to Aunt Vickis for a potluck dinner with her, Jared and Brittney, Todd and Andrea and Darla and Tim. It was fun to hang out and visit with them since it has been a long time. We decided we needed to do it more often and told them to let us know when we could get together again.
After that we stopped in at Mikell and Steves to see them. We love all of their kids but Jason is at an especially fun age and he kept us entertained.