Saturday, March 6, 2021

Cheer Showcase, 2:30 Competition and Boys Basketball State

The next cheer competition was the 2:30 Comp and this one was going to be live! Finally! They had the competition divided into groups and you could only go when your group was assigned and only two people per cheerleader were allowed. Because not everyone could come and watch at the competition the Tuesday before (Mar 2) Meridian Varsity, JV and Meridian Middle had a showcase night at the High School. We could have more people there to watch and we invited Alison and I had Rylee come along to watch also. The Cheerleaders had a couple girls out due to injuries and grades and when it was time for the four stunt groups in the routine to all be doing stunts at the same time it was only Avynlea up there in the air. She did great and was all smiles as the entire room cheered and yelled for her, it was pretty great! I was glad we were able to watch JV and the middle school perform, what I have missed about in person competitions was watching other teams perform in addition to ours, so it was a fun night.
For Valentines Day Heather gifted me a Crumbl gift card. I wasn't too tempted by the cookie selections until this week when I finally cashed in my gift card on Mar 3. I got two Chocolate Cupcakes cookies, two Birthday Oreo Cookies and one Lemon Glaze and they all three were so delicious! I appreciate the thoughtfulness and love shown from Heather and am so grateful that she thinks of me!
This week was the Boys Basketball State playoffs. I was able to go and watch one of the games but had to miss the Friday night game due to schedule conflicts which was a bummer. Avynlea cheered at the Thursday night and the Friday night game and I was glad to be able to watch the Thursday game. Meridian won both games which put them in the State championship game against Lake City for Saturday Night!
Saturday Morning was the 2:30 in person cheer competition and it was fun to be able to see Avynlea compete and some of the other teams. There were only 4 teams to watch in our group but a little is better then nothing and I had fun watching all of them! Of course Avynlea did great! She is the cutest cheerleader and really shows her personality out on the mat, I love watching her!

Avynlea is bottom row far Right


Our Cheer team got the same placings they did at Districts, 1st in Co-Ed Show, 2nd in Sideline and 3rd in Pom
That night Kefford and I went to watch the Warrior Boys Basketball team win the State Championship! It was so exciting and such a fun game to be at! I am so glad Avynlea got to be a part of this fun experience and the girls got to perform their Pom routine at Halftime which was fun! 
Dreya, Avynlea, Natalie and Paige                                        Avynlea, Colton and Natalie
Avynlea is bottom Row far Right