Friday, March 19, 2021

Cheer State Competition!

Our boundaries are changing within our school district and starting with Fall 2021 we are in the new Owyhee High School boundaries. Since Westada has an open enrollment policy I told my girls if they wanted to be at MHS that we would put in a transfer for them. Avynlea wanted to stay while Rylee decided to go to Owyhee. Both of them wanted to be where there friends were and I did not blame them one bit, its important in High School to have good friends. We put in transfer papers for Avynlea thinking it was going to be no big deal for her to stay at Meridian but then we kept hearing that it was going to be harder then we thought. Owyhee is a new High School and they want the numbers so it was going to be hard for kids to transfer out. We kept seeing and hearing amazing things about the cheer coaches at Owyhee and so Avynlea was talking herself into being ok with going to Owyhee. Luckily we got the email saying they are letting Avynlea stay at Meridian, yay! I later found out that only 30 kids were accepted to stay at MHS, I do't know how many applied but that does not seem like a lot that got to stay. I am glad Avynlea was one of the ones given the opportunity to stay at the school she started at.
This week was the long awaited State Cheer Competition Week. Every practice this week had a different dress up theme and Tuesday it was Disney. Avynlea and two of her cheer friends, Dreya and Hope, decided to dress as Fairies, Avynlea was Tinkerbelle, Dreya was Vidia and Hope was Fawn. I helped Avynlea with her bun and she looked pretty cute!

Friday was the say for State and it is tradition for the cheerleaders to not go to school and to have a team brunch. The brunch wasn't until noon and I did not see a point for Avynlea to stay home from school so I told her to go to just her morning classes. She said that there was absolutely nothing going on in her first class so I let her sleep in and go to her second class. She had a good time being with her friends at the brunch and the story Kara posted on instagram had her on it so I took a screenshot.
The cheer team got ready all together and then travelled to the Idaho Center for the Competition. Spectators were allowed and we were told that we had sections for our school to sit in. We were on the opposite side of the teams performing and it was not close. We moved up a section so we could see better but they were still super far away. I didn't mind too much because I have seen them perform so many times. Whenever our team performed Kefford would get closer so he could video and I just watched, it was nice. 
Team prayer before hitting the mat. I love that they do this.


Rylee, Ally, Kefford and Alison along with me came to watch Avynlea perform at State. The only teams competing were the 5A teams, all the other levels performed at different times throughout the day to enable social distancing. I like watching all of the other teams so it was a bummer to miss out on that but it made out night end a lot sooner which I can't complain about,
Kara invited the JV team to come and be with them while at State and Hailey was one of the girls who came along. I managed to get a picture of all 5 of the cheer besties after they were done competing.
Dreya, Paige, Hailey, Avynlea and Natalie



Coach Amanda, Avynlea and Coach Kara
The team placed 2nd in Coed Show,  4th in Sideline, 4th in Pom and 4th Overall which is a huge accomplishment since they beat out every other Coed and SIC team! I am so glad that Avynlea was able to compete at State this year with her team and that we were able to go and watch. Slowly things are getting back to normal and hopefully next year normal will be the new normal!