Friday, January 1, 2021

New Years Day


                                            I am switching it up again with my postings. I kind of enjoyed doing the postings weekly but I am so tired of everything Covid and I am tired of stupid quarantine and I am hoping that things will go back to normal sooner rather then later so I am going back to event postings. It's a new year and it's out with the old (hopefully, fingers crossed) and in with the new so my blog will be reflecting that. 

For the past year and a half I have been teaching the 16 and 17 year olds in Sunday School and I have loved it! I was really intimidated at first teaching the oldest group but I very quickly learned to love those kids and had such a great time in class with them. About a day ago I got an email from our Sunday school President letting me and Arin Lamb know that he is switching us from the classes we have been teaching to pairing us together and having us teach Course 13, which is Rylee's class. I am actually super excited to be paired with Arin and I am really excited to be teaching Rylee and the girls her age, no boys in this age group which is funny. But I am really sad to not be teaching Ryker's class anymore, I will miss teaching those kids. Luckily Ryker is friends with most of the kids in the class and they hang out all the time so I will be able to see them just not be their teacher anymore.

 On New Year's Day I sent Rylee a text telling her I know who her new Sunday School teacher and she responded with a "Who?". I sent her the selfie I took and she responded with a "You?"  to which I said "Yes". She was so excited to find out I was her new teacher, thank heavens, how awkward if she was not happy about it, and she very quickly told her friends who were also very excited. New Year, New class and it will be great!

Per tradition on New Years day Heather and I along with the Brown family and Erin hiked Mt Rubideoux.  
The first time we did it was two years ago and it was just Heather and I along with baby Atticus, his parents were at the Hospital because Ashleigh was having complications. Last year the three of us were joined by Ashleigh and Andrew Brown and this year Erin came along. It was a lot of fun and the weather was so nice. A couple of months ago Heather, Ashleigh and I signed up for a sloth virtual run which we never got a chance to do so we wore our tanks and counted the three mile hike as completing the virtual run.



We wore our masks while we hiked to be safe and took them off briefly for pictures. I wasn't thrilled with having to wear a mask but it is what it is. Atticus rode in his stroller most of the way and had fun playing around and getting his wriggles out at the top of the mountain. I am glad that I was able to be here to continue this fun tradition and am glad to be with my family.