Thursday, December 31, 2020

Quarantine Week 42(California Fun, New Years Eve)

On Monday December 28th I flew to California to spend the week with my Mom and some of my sisters. Because of covid we were not able to do much of anything and so most of the week we spent at my Mom's house visiting with each other. Ashleigh came over with Atticus every day and I am glad that I was able to see them. On Monday while they were over visiting Atticus wanted to look at the pictures on my phone and as he was looking at them he found the ones I screenshot of Joshua and his kids looking like trees. Atticus loved those and so I pulled up google duo and called Ashleigh who was across the room so that Atticus could play with the filters. He really liked being a turkey and a tree and seeing his mom as a turkey and tree. It was great entertainment for him. 
On Tuesday we went to the Distribution center so that I could get some new garments. Online it said the hours the center were open so we went during that time. When we got there the doors were locked and it said the store wouldn't be open for another couple of hours, it also said to knock and if someone were there they could help out. I knocked and a women came out and let us in so I could get some garments. It was really nice of her to do that and I am glad I saw the sign because no one else in our group did. After we did our shopping we got lunch at Cafe Rio and ate it outside. It was nice to spend some time outside in the sunshine with some of my favorite people.
Wednesday night Ashleigh, Heather and I went with Andrew Brown to his gym to do an Andrew Brown workout. It was really hard and I didn't do as well as I would have liked because he was having us use some really heavy weights and it was hurting my lower back. Despite that we had a load of fun working out together and loads of laughs. Working out with my family is always a good time and I am so glad we were able to do it in person this week.

New Years Eve was really low-key obviously because of the pandemic but also because we are low-key kind of people. Andrew came down from Utah to do some work on Mom's bathroom so he was there. Erin came for the night and Mary Beth came also. Ashleigh was there with Atticus and Andrew Brown but the two boys went home after a bit to go to bed leaving Ashleigh to ring in the New Year with the rest of us. We got dinner from Ancho's a Mexican restaurant that is a favorite among my California family and hung out and talked the night away. I told Mary Beth I would make her a t-shirt quilt using Mal's, her husbands, tshirts. He passed away a couple of months ago and I knew she wanted one but didn't know how to make one so I was very happy to volunteer. She brought the shirts over and Ashleigh and I cut them out so I could take them home and make the quilt at home. I think I got to bed at about 11, I wasn't feeling really great and was really tired and just wanted to get to bed, I am not one who enjoys staying up till midnight to ring in the New Year and so as usual I got bed and went to sleep before midnight.