Friday, January 15, 2021

Covid and Jackson Hole

While I was in California I started to feel a little sick. I didn't think it was anything other then a cold because Andrew Brown was sick and he tested negative for Covid and the flu and I was around him and around Atticus who was sickly himself. After I got back home I quarantined myself in my room so that my kids and Kefford wouldn't have to quarantine and miss more school and or athletics. I lost my smell and so I assume I had covid even though I never got tested to verify. I do not see a reason to get tested and I felt me testing positive to covid would make me one more statistic which I didn't want. I want our lives to go back to normal sooner rather then later and I think my getting tested is one less number they have. I recovered pretty quick and I don't think for me it was that big of a deal . I know that everyone experiences the symptoms different and it is really bad for a lot of people. I am just glad that I had it a little easier. Avynlea and Kefford both got sick but their symptoms were even easier then mine and they recovered really fast. Kefford went and got an immunities test and they said he either had covid or he had it right then. I don't know where the sickness came from, Mom, Heather, Erin, Mary Beth, Ashleigh and Andrew Brown all got sick also. I don't know if they got it from me, if one of them gave it to us or if we got it from some stranger, it's hard to tell but everyone recovered and for that I am grateful.

Jan 14: Emily sent me a couple boxes of Limeade when she heard I was sick and that was super thoughtful and made me feel good. While I was sick I was getting depressed because nobody was calling to check in on me but then I remembered that a lot of my family were sick and the ones who weren't didn't know I was sick so I quickly shut down that thought process. I am a lot more private and don't typically share a lot on our family's group chat, that's just my personality.
Jan 15: SexyModest is a clothing company that I like to buy from. They do pop ups in Costco and for two weeks in January they were having a pop up in the Nampa Costco. I got a gift card from Cyndi for Christmas and I was excited to use it at the pop up especially since the clothes are about 20% off what they are online. I picked out three shirts and one dress and then I sent Heather pictures of me wearing what I got. I love all of them but I ended up taking the dress back and exchanging it for the same dress just navy.
Jan 15: Kenedy took a day trip to Jackson Hole Wyoming with a group of friends. I am so happy for her that she is able to be back in Rexburg taking classes and having a social life. As much as I loved having her around during the whole covid quarantine I know it was hard on her not having peers to hang out with. She is back to loving the college life and I am loving the pictures she sends me.


l-r: Scott, Ryan, Bridger, Ashley, Myra, Cassie, Kenedy, Ty, Alexa and Jean Luc