Friday, January 8, 2021

Return to Cheer

Avynlea was super excited to show me her 80's/90's look today jan.6. The cuffed jeans and scrunched socks were 80's staples while the ripped jeans, converse and hoodie were total 90's. She looks adorable in any decade and I love her style!
Jan 8: Because of Covid no spectators were allowed at the Stinky Sneaker game, is it even a Stinky Sneaker if no fans are there? Seems to me it defeats the purpose and is a huge disappointment. We always love going to the Stinky Sneaker and it is so sad that we couldn't this year. It was held at Mountain View this year and one of the Mountain View peeps live streamed the game so we could watch it on YouTube. Kefford and I watched it at home and Avynlea went to MHS to watch it with the Varsity Cheerleaders in Kara's classroom. I am glad we were able to watch the game but it just wasn't the same and I pray that next year everything will be back to normal and we can start participating in these fun events again. Meridian smoked Mountain View and won the game and as far as the Sport Competition part of the night the Student Council's of both schools decorated the gym with banners and posters and that is what they were judged on. Mountain View won the spirit but it really was not a real win and I personally think it was a pity win since they have lost so many years in a row, no school can beat the spirit that Meridian students have! They can have it this year but next year...watch out!

In the above picture Avy is in the front in the grey sweatshirt with the purple water bottle.

Jan 16: Since Basketball season has started no fans have been allowed at games. The cheerleaders have been able to go and cheer at home games only but they are cheering to empty bleachers, so sad and not exciting at all. Just recently they announced that only 6 cheerleaders are allowed at a game but they can have two tickets each so parents can come and watch but only at home games. We have to sit 12 feet apart from any other spectators and we are sitting in the upper bleachers. Since only 6 cheerleaders are allowed at games this really limits the number of games Avynlea cheers at and we are thus able to go to. Since this new schedule has started Avynlea is scheduled for one game, ONE! But that is how it is for all the cheerleaders and I am grateful to at least have this one game to go to. Kefford came with me and we sat towards the bottom of the upper bleachers so that when the girls did their stunts I could get up and video without being in anyones way and close to the front. Avynlea did such a good job cheering, I love watching her and am so glad I was able to come to this one game. Boy is her cheer experience a lot different than Kenedy's, so crazy and again, I am praying for this all to end soon so we can just get back to normal life.
Avy is second from the right


During half time Avynlea had me come out to take pictures of her and Dreya in front of the Meridian wall. Of course I also had to take some pictures of Avynlea and then some of me and her.