Thursday, January 21, 2021

Hide and Seek and Scripture Study

  Jan 20: Kefford took this picture, sent it to Kenedy and challenged her to find Rylee. It took her a while and she had to enlist 3 of her friends to help but she eventually did it. Well, her friend finally found her, I don't know if Kenedy ever would have. Her first thought was to send a picture of Rylee's name on our name pillow which was not the right answer. After more searching they were finally able to find the little hider, she was really hard to find.

There she is...behind the pots drying on the counter. 

Avynlea asked me to get her a book that was only The Doctrine and Covenants. I went to Seagull Bookstore and they didn't have what she was looking for so I went to Deseret Book and the only thing I found was a pocket sized copy. I sent her a picture to see if that was what she wanted and it was good!
Jan 21: I bought myself a set of The Doctrine and Covenants made easier and while I was reading D&C section 5 I was intrigued by verse 19. In the study guide the author said it could be a spiritual sickness the Lord is referring to but I know scriptures can mean different things at different times and right now it sure reads to me like it could be about the Corona Virus. I sent a text to my mom about it and she sent me a screenshot of her scripture study and said she was thinking the same thing. She also mentioned to me that when we are reading a commentary, that it is someone's opinion and that it could certainly mean something else to us. She said that God's words can change meaning as we go through life all of which I already had in mind but I sure appreciated the reminder. 
I was playing with different filters on Instagram and I like these two that I found. It's interesting how filters can soften a look or even make us look really different. I think Social Media is hard when all we see are people with filters living seemingly perfect lives and I especially need to remember that it's most likely not their true reality and I am comparing their filtered best to my unfiltered worst and I need to stop and remember that everyone has hard times, not just me.