Sunday, April 7, 2019

General Conference

General Conference weekend is always a good weekend. The Saturday Conference sessions felt a little different because of how few of us were watching it at our home. Avynlea was at her cheer clinic, Kenedy was in Rexburg and Ryker was at the farm so that left Me, Rylee and Kefford watching.
While Kefford was watching the Priesthood session it was just me and Rylee hanging out. We played a game of Sorry and then she had fun making bubbles out of the slime she made.
The next morning we went to the Farm to watch the Sunday sessions of Conference and to get Ryker to bring him home.
I caught a picture of Rylee being harassed by Avynlea before we all settled in to watch our Church leaders and take notes. Rylee made a General Conference notebook with our Beehive class and made the goal to watch all of Conference and take notes on each speaker. She was doing this for a ten hour personal progress project and I loved seeing her engaged in the speakers. Avynlea was also taking notes and it warmed my heart to see my girls writing down messages they wanted to remember.


After the first session, Michelle and Trevor came over, Whitney and her family and Jeremy and his family came as well. We ate lunch and then sat around and visited. Avynlea spent some time playing with Sadie and a couple of times I would glance at Avynlea and think she was Whitney, she has a lot of her mannerisms and I think it is cute.
Sadie has been on an Easter Egg hunt kick lately and really wanted to do an Easter Egg hunt, minus the candy. None of the other little kids were interested and I could see she was feeling disappointed so I told her I would hunt for some eggs. Kefford, Avynlea and Michelle all participated as well. Sadie and Bob hid ten eggs in the front yard and then we got to go and find them. It was quick but fun.


After a while everyone left except Whitney's family and we all settled in to watch the last session of General Conference. My girls were a little distracted having their cousins there for this session but they were still able to listen and take notes. It was a good Conference made even better by watching my girls develop good habits for future Conference watchings.