Friday, April 19, 2019

California Road Trip

Kefford and I are going on an Alaskan cruise the first week of August with some of my family. He is also the Young Men's president and will be going to scout camp the second week in July. Because of these two trips he didn't think he could take any more time off this summer and so we are not going to be able to go to California this year for our annual Lutes beach trip. We wanted to do something fun with the kids to make up for not going so we decided to do a Disney trip the week Kenedy was between semesters at school. We left on April 13th and drove down to California where we stayed with my Mom and then went to Disneyland on the 15th and California Adventure on the 16th. We then drove back home on the 17th. It was a really quick trip because I did not want the other three kids to miss too much school, as it was they were missing 3 days and I tried not to let that stress me out. We had a lot of fun and made the most of the trip. I took so many pictures that I stressed about how to condense them to fit in my blog. I decided to make a separate book for our Disney trip and will just include a few highlights from our Disney days on this blog and focus mainly on the small amount of time we had with my family here. :)

Usually we are really crowded in when we drive to California because we have all of our beach stuff with us. Since we didn't have the extra stuff this year the kids were able to spread out a little more which was really nice. 
The highlight of our time at Mom's house was all the Cousin time, the kids were especially excited to meet and love on Baby Atticus. He has the cutest little squishy face and we all loved holding him and made the most of our time with him. 
Avynlea took my phone and did a little phot shoot with herself. She is a beautiful girl and took some really cute pictures!
Atticus and his Dad Andrew Brown napping was such a cute sight that Rylee had me take a picture of them.

It was good for Rylee and Jaylynn to spend some time together. They got out my Mom's box of Barbies and enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather out in her backyard.

And the terror teens got to enjoy their catch up and visitation time. I absolutely love seeing the close relationships my kids have developed with their Cousins. I love that they are best friends and are able to stay close in each others lives despite the distance. 
Kefford is so good with babies and kids and I love seeing him holding and interacting with the little ones.
We had a great time at my Mom's house and I am so glad that Ashleigh and her family made the time to spend the day with us as well as Jeremy's kids and Stephanie's. It was a good day!