Friday, March 29, 2019

Fun with Heather

It is Spring Break and that means Heather came to visit!! Yay, it is one of my most favorite and anticipated times of year! She arrived on Wednesday and when I got up Thursday morning I got dressed and then went out to sit on the couch to read my scriptures. When Heather came down she was also dressed and ready for the day and we laughed when we saw that we were both wearing striped shirts. After I took our picture, (Heather has a mouthful of food), documenting our twinning I changed my shirt. Twinning is fun when you are little girls or at Disneyland not as Adults running errands ;)
I took her to Crumble, a yummy cookie shop, so we could both try it out. We could not decide on one flavor so we bought a box of the four specialty cookies to share, Funfetti, Nutella with sea salt, Rocky Road and Peanut Butter & Jelly. We ate the Funfetti one while we walked around Hobby Lobby and that one was ok, but nothing to write home about. When we got home we tried the peanut butter & jelly. That one was amazing and I still cannot stop thinking about it, it was a winner and I will definitely be getting that one again! 
After Hobby Lobby I stopped to get some gel polish on my nails and I got red with white polka dots in anticipation of our upcoming Disney trip. They turned out so cute and I really love them!
Whitney asked me if I could watch Laney so she and Dustin could go to the Temple. I was happy to have Laney over but I was a little worried that she has hit the stranger danger phase, I did not want her crying because she wanted her Mama. I shouldn't have worried, she was great and the only time she cried was when Kefford came into the room. She did not like him at all and I finally had to banish him to the upstairs so she would stop crying. Laney is a joy and such a cute little chub-a-lub!
Kefford and I have been wanting to go back to Eureka!, the restaurant we ate at for our 20th anniversary. We loved the food and wanted to go back to see if it was as good as we remembered. I wanted to take Heather with us so she could try it out and we decided to go Friday for lunch. The kids were all in Nyssa enjoying their spring break with their Grandparents and cousins so it was just us adults heading out to lunch. 
Kefford and I both got the same things we got the last time we went and it was definitely as good as we remembered! I love the food so much! Heather agreed that it was really tasty and we had a great lunch

After we got back home Heather and I played a couple rounds of Skip-Bo, it was a fun day!