Thursday, March 14, 2019

3-14 = Pi Day!


I get my love of celebrating holidays from my Mom. She was the best at making traditions and we loved them all! Pi day is a fairly new holiday that some genius came up with and I have embraced it fully! It is a day to celebrate Pi and what better way to celebrate Pi then with Pie! Chocolate pie and pizza pie to be exact!
I made a delicious chocolate pie and then I put together our pizza pie. I was only making one pizza and we all have different likes for our toppings so I made sure to include something for everyone. I put pepperoni, bell peppers and mushrooms on a part for me, pepperoni and jalapeƱos for Ryker and Kefford, plain cheese for Avy and Rylee as well as Pepperoni for Avy and Rylee. It was perfect! in honor of the day I had to include the symbol of Pi with bell peppers on our pizza and chocolate chips on our Pie. It was a delicious dinner and everyone was satisfied. 
Beautiful Avynlea
We saved the chocolate pie to eat for later because we had to go to Rylee's first Violin concert after dinner. She wore her dress while she ate and I did not want it to get dirty so I made her put on an apron. She sure is a cute one!
Rylee had to be at her school an hour early to warm up her violin so I took her and then saved seats in the gym for the rest of the family who all got here minutes before it started. Alison came to watch Rylee which was super awesome but she left in a rush right after so we did not get a picture with her in it. 

Rylee did an amazing job and it was so fun to watch her perform. She is getting to be a good little violinist and I hope this is something she sticks with all throughout her middle school and high school days.
Ryker was not thrilled about having to sit through the concert and after Rylee was done performing he left to go wander the halls.
The orchestra teacher had a fundraiser and promised the kids if they reached their goal amount she would let them pie her. Well they reached that goal and so after the concert she got a plate of whipped cream pushed in her face. It was funny watching her beforehand, she kept stalling and it was clear she did not want to do this but she was a good sport and took one for the team.
After concert selfie!