Wednesday, October 17, 2018

general Conference

Saturday morning I woke up super sick and could barely get out of bed without wanting to die. I managed to drag myself up stairs at 10am to watch general conference but could only make it through the first couple of speakers before I had to go back to bed. I spent the rest of the day either in bed or in  my bathroom throwing up, it was not a good day and I was really bummed to miss conference. Thankfully I was felling better by Sunday so that I was able to watch those two sessions and I really enjoyed the speakers. We all were in the room watching but I only took this picture of Kefford who was putting together one of my Little Mermaid puzzles. :)
Rylee and I went to this particular Meridian Middle football game to watch Avynlea cheer on her team. It was a really cold and rainy day and Rylee asked about ten minutes before she decided to go spend the rest of the game reading a book in the car. I made it to halftime and then wen to the car for 30 minutes to thaw out and be warm. I made it back out to watch the last 10 minutes of theme. It was brutal, the game and the weather and we were all grateful when it was over.
I snapped this picture of Rylee being a goofball in the car while we got warm.
For our October extra Relief Society meeting we had the pie lady come and teach us how to make the perfect pie. I really loved it and learned a lot about how to make a perfect and easy pie crust. We had signed up earlier as to how many pies we wanted to make and I decided on 6. I made 1 apple, 1 blueberry, 2 cherry and 2 razzleberry. I had a lot of fun making my pies and visiting with friends, I hope we get to do this every year!
Because I was too sick to watch the women's session of conference, Rylee didn't watch it and Avynlea missed it because she was babysitting that night my girls and I decided to watch it together Thursday night. We made a big batch of caramel popcorn, turned on the fire and settled in to watch the session we missed. Avynlea and Rylee took notes in their notebooks and we enjoyed listening to the speakers. I loved every one who talked and after each one would comment on what a great talk they gave. It was uplifting and inspiring and I am so glad we have the technology to watch and listen over and over. 


Avynlea's friend Bridger was receiving his Eagle Scout at a Court of Honor and really wanted his friends to be there. So on the appointed Saturday I took Avynlea and we watched him receive his medal. I thought it was sweet that he wanted his friends there and his Mom even sent out an email about a month before letting us know his request and making sure the date would work for everyone. He is a pretty great kid and I love all of these friends of Avy's from the Verona ward.
Kate Meyers, Allie Hansen, Bridger Hamm, Avynlea and Natalie Kashyap

Rylee spent some good quality time with herself by playing the game Sorry against herself. She has always been good at enjoying her alone time and I love that she found joy in playing this game by herself. 
Kefford made Rylee a new nose out of silly putty. I happen to think the old nose is much cuter.
Another day spent watching Avynlea cheer at her football games. Thankfully this day was much warmer. Also...she is the cutest little cheerleader!