Monday, October 29, 2018

Barnyard Fun

Friday night was our Ward Trunk or Treat. The event started at 5:45 but I didn't get home from dance until about 6:45, Ave and Rylee got a ride to the party with our neighbor Arin Lamb. By the time I got their the dinner was over and everyone was headed outside to do the Trunk or Treat. I quickly got myself a bowl of chili and went outside for the fun. Rylee and Ave had no interest in going around asking for candy so Ady helped the Hansen's with their kids and Rylee passed out the suckers I brought. I am not a huge fan of trunk or treats, I don't like how the kids go around and around taking all of the candy so I didn't bother to buy candy. I had a bag of dum-dums that were left over from when I was using them back in April to bribe my dancers to want to rehearse their dances for the Spring recital. Dum-dums last forever right?
Rylee wore her red riding hood costume from a couple years ago and Avynlea did her scarecrow, they both looked super cute.
Allie Hansen was also dressed as a scarecrow and I was appreciative of the picture Kim sent me that she took of the two of them.
Later that night Kenedy and Alyssa came from college for a weekend visit and we also had Maddie and Andrew come to visit. It was an exciting weekend!
Saturday morning we drove out to Emmett so that Andrew and Maddie could check out our Barnyard. Brit made a new picture sign for the Barnyard and I was really impressed and thought it was so cute. Kenedy and Ryker had to pose by it so Kenedy could see just how much taller then her Ryker had gotten. 
Then Maddie, Andrew and Rylee took a turn with the board
Kenedy and Alyssa stayed true to themselves and did a photoshoot in different areas of the Barnyard

I was pleasantly surprised when Kenedy requested a picture with me :)

Kenedy wanted Xander to ride the horse with her but he was a little nervous. I helped him get on the horse and held his little hand until he was ok with things, which did not take very long.

Avynlea wanted to show off her gymnastics skills a little and prove she could hang upside down from this tree.
and Rylee picked out her perfect pumpkin to take home and carve
More picture boards fun...

Kefford found a golf club at the thrift store which he bought to have at the Barnyard so he could hit pinecones when customers were not around. I caught Avynlea taking a turn with it