Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The last day...Oregon Coast

Monday was our last full day in Lincoln City and we spent it well. Kenedy wanted to go to the Outlet Mall to get a sweatshirt she saw there so I took her and we spent some time wandering the stores and looking at what the shops had to offer. Later Kefford and I took the kids to walk the small shops down the main strip. Later Rylee and Qiana decided they wanted to go swimming in the Ocean so they put on their bathing suits and left without telling anyone. Kelsey spotted them from the window and headed down to watch over them while they were down there, he was good to take a bunch of pictures for us Moms. They didn't last too long since the Ocean water was freezing but they had a good time while they were down there. 



Kenedy has been talking about doing some Senior Pictures on the beach while we were in Oregon and we have been planning on it for a while now. I asked Brit if she would bring her camera so we could use it and she brought it but forget to grab the battery that she had charging. Oops. We figured we could just use our phone cameras and I told Kenedy to let me know when she was ready. She was not sure she wanted to do it anymore, she was tired and it was cold so I told her whatever she wanted to do and I let it be. A little while later she came over dressed and ready to go. I was a little surprised because I figured she was not doing it anymore but I grabbed our phones and off we went. It was cold and windy but the hardest part, I think, was how wet all of the sand was. There was not a dry part of the beach anywhere. We did the best we could and Brit was great to edit them for us and I think we got some great shots. Kenedy also picked out some pictures we had taken on the beach in California for Brit to edit and she did a good job making those better also. Between all of these beach pictures and the ones Lindsay took we are definitely set for Senior pictures.



Brite sent me this picture of Avynlea feeding Hazel a popsicle which I thought was super cute.
And Whitney sent me this picture of Avynlea holding Kinsley on the beach. Avy was one with the babies this trip!
On the shore were really long and thick ropes of seaweed. On our New Years Eve tide-too walk Kefford picked one up and using it as a whip had Trevor take his picture. Kefford sent it to me after I had published the New Years Eve post but I thought it was a really cool picture and included it here so we could have it.
The next morning we got up early and left to drive home. We had a really great time at the coast and the highlight of the entire trip was all of the family time we had. I was happy to be able to spend time with all of the Peterson's and develop better relationships with ones I normally do not see too often. It was a great trip and I am thankful we were able to go.