Monday, July 25, 2016

Ryker gets hurt and Family Pictures

It is not a complete Lutes Family Beach Trip without Ryker getting hurt. I was in my chair taking a nap when I heard my name being called. I looked up and saw some of my family surrounding Ryker and my first instinct was to close my eyes and go back to sleep because I wasted to escape and hide from what I thought was going to be a major injury on his part. I am not good with blood and gore. Luckily I was able to suck it up and I walked over and they said he got stung by a bee. Not too big of a deal, phew. The problem was the stinger was still in his foot and had the poison sack, or whatever it is called, still attached so they could not just pull out the stinger because it would cause more pain. I went and got the lifeguard and she was able to safely get everything out. Ryker was going to be ok
This year we got red Lutes shirts but Jeremy's Family shirts got left by accident at Moms house so we did a family picture with the different colors because Mallory was flying home that night. It's fun seeing all the different shirts although the dominate color was red. 
We thought it would be fun to do a stairs picture and I had everyone organize in order by Mom, then oldest sibling and her family in order by age, then the next oldest sibling, then the next and their family and so on. It's little harder to see the faces but fun none the less.
Joshua and Kefford
Ashleigh left that day to go get Andrew Brown and she was able to stop by Mom's to get the missing red shirts. We had our red shirt picture day minus Mallory but with Andrew Brown so everyone at the beach this year had a chance to be in a family picture, it was just too bad we could not get everyone at the same time.



Erin and Rylee

 Ryker, Avynlea, Kefford, Elizabeth, Rylee and Kenedy

Rylee was watching the antics of one of my family members and I enjoyed watching her cute little face. 
We decided to pack up Friday night and leave to stay the night at my Mom's house and then head back to Idaho the next morning from there. It just seemed like an easier option rather then waking up really early at the beach and trying to pack up in the dark. We stayed with my family until about 9:00 pm and then headed out. I was really sad about leaving and even though I was going to be going back in a couple of weeks it was still hard to leave. I love being around my family and I love my kids being around my family, it makes me sad that they only get to see them usually once a year and I only get to about twice a year. I love where I live but living far away from family is the hardest.

We got home pretty late Saturday night and with the next day being Sunday and with us not being able to go to the store we had to make do with whatever we could find. Avynlea found a box of Oreo cheesecake and wanted to make that for our Sunday treat. She did such a great job and it was delicious