Tuesday, July 5, 2016

4th of July Weekend

Saturday July 3rd we headed out to Nyssa for some weekend fun. First up was Michelle's baby shower. She is due in the beginning of September to have her first baby, a boy, and we are all so excited for her! All of the Peterson sisters and sister-in-law chipped in to get her a Bumbo, a swing, a boppy and a bunch of baby boy clothes. While I was at Hobby Lobby one day with Avy getting some material I asked her if she wanted to get something so she could have a project. We found a really cute bundle of fat quarters and we bought it with the intention that Avynlea could make a quilt for her American Girl Doll. When we got home and laid out her material I told her it could be a really cute quilt for Michelle's baby if she wanted to do that instead. She thought it over and debated and finally decided to make the baby quilt since the material would have been too much for a doll quilt. I was a little nervous about this process of her cutting out the squares and sewing but she completely  surprised me and did it all herself with a tiny bit of guidance from me. And by guidance I mean I told her how to do it and she did it. I was really impressed with how well she did and the end result was so cute!

After the shower we hung around until the Peterson party that night. Jenna has been my biggest fan ever since I taught her dance this last year and she likes to get super cuddly with me. I took a picture of us together during this cuddle session and when big sister Brooke saw what was gong on she had to get in on the action.
At some point Rylee got a hold of my phone and proceeded to take a ton of photos and video of her and her cousins. I saved a couple and deleted the rest. 
Rylee and Isabelle
We got to spend some time with Taylor and her twins and Avynlea especially had a great time holding them and loving on them. 
After the Peterson party I took my girls over to Taylor's to get our toes done all fancy and we got to help get the twins ready for bed. Rylee was holding Hayes when Taylor came over to use her snot sucker on him and Rylee was a bit grossed out. It cracks me up how squeamish Rylee can be.
We had the Barlow Family party Sunday night and so we stayed Saturday night and went to church in Nyssa. I enjoyed the family get togethers we got to go to this weekend and loved getting to visit with family members we do not typically see. After the Barlow event we said goodbye to Avy and Rylee who were staying the week with their Grandparents and brought Bailey and Mikayla home with us. 
The 4th of July was a pretty relaxed day with the kids hanging out with their cousins and Kefford and I getting things done. I wore my new American flag tee which I love.
That night Kefford and I went to the movies to see Captain America Civil war and when we got back we had the kids get in the car and we went to Story Park in Meridian to watch the fireworks show. We got there about 20 minutes before the fireworks went off and found a spot ion the grass to wait for the show. 
Bailey, Ryker, Kenedy and Mikayla
I enjoyed the fireworks show and loved watching them go off with Patriotic music going on in the background. The finale was beautiful and pretty spectacular and I am glad we went to watch.
In Nyssa the girls got to have a 4th of July swim party with a couple of their cousins while wearing glowsticks. Looks like they had a fun 4th as well!