Monday, June 6, 2016

It's June!

Ryker and Kenedy officially made it to their last day of school! They were so happy that this day had come and of course I had to take some last day of school photos. Ryker is going into 8th grade and Kenedy will be an upperclassman as an 11th grader.

Saturday was going to be in the high 90's-100's so I told Mikell we were going to come and use her community pool. She stayed home with Baby Kelly but we took Brooke, Jenna and James with us and everyone had a lot of fun. 
The cries of "watch me Mom" run rampant when we are at the pool. My kids love showing off their tricks for me. Avynlea and Rylee had fun showing me their different jumps into the pool.



In an effort to take care of myself better and to be in better shape I have started running. When I first started I was dying, I really struggled and had to do a lot of walking/running. But I kept at it building up my endurance and not giving up even though it was hard at times. I was eventually able to get
 to the point where I was just running without any walking and then I started challenging myself. I typically was running 3 miles a day but then would have myself go 4 or 5. When I made it to 6 miles I was pretty impressed and decided to give myself a new challenge. I thought it would be cool to run to the Meridian Temple. I estimated it to be about 3 miles from my house and since I had done 6 miles already I knew I could do it. Saturday morning was the big day and I got up and started running to the Temple. It turned out to be 3.5 miles each way with a total of 7 miles miles running that morning. I felt so good when I was done and really proud of myself for what I was able to accomplish in just a couple of months time. 

I saw a hot air balloon in the sky while I was taking a picture at the Temple. It is just a tiny dot in my picture but it looked cool when I was there looking at it.