Saturday, June 18, 2016

Last Day of School part 2

June 16th was the last day of school for Avynlea and Rylee. Instead of carpooling this day I drove them to school so that I could get pictures of them with their teachers and also to save seats for me and Kenedy for the 5th grade celebration. Avynlea had Mr Ceniga who was also Kenedy's fifth grade teacher. Avy thought he was great and had a really enjoyable fifth grade year. Rylee got to have Miss Hixon for the second time. She was her first grade teacher and we were excited when she moved up to third grade and became her third grade teacher. I am so happy my kids had teachers who were loving and kind but also pushed them to be their best. This has been a really wonderful year. 
We found Maryn as we were going in and so I took a picture of Rylee with her best friend and then one with the two of them and a third wheel :)
The fifth grade celebration was not until 10:30 so like I said I went in and saved two chairs with my sweatshirt and then went to Wal-Mart to get some supplies for our Utah trip we were going to go on that afternoon. When I was done I went home and picked up Kenedy and then headed over to the school. Ryker was working at our neighbors helping lay out fishing blades for painting so he could not go with us. 
Kenedy took pictures while I took video. Once all the parents were seated they brought in all the kids K-4 and had them sit down and then the fifth graders came in. It was pretty surreal seeing Avynlea participating in this years celebration, my kids are growing up so fast! 
The first awards they handed out were to the entire school and it was faithful attendance, meaning you missed one day of school and maybe one tardy. Rylee was awarded a certificate for that and it was fun watching her go up and receive her award. I was trying to figure out why Avynlea would not have gotten one and after the ceremony she reminded me of when she had the hives and had to leave school early and miss some days. 


After going through the kids with perfect attendance they honored the fifth graders who were on student council which was student nominated and voted on at the start of the school year. Two kids from each class were chosen and they did the announcements in the morning and had other little jobs they were supposed to do. Avynlea was one voted in from her class and she had an enjoyable year doing that. She also applied to do Safety patrol at the end of her fourth grade year and was selected for this year to be a part of that. The safety patrol kids were in charge of opening doors at parent pickup, they were Kindergarten buddies, and they collected recycling among other things. 

The next award was the presidential award. I don't remember what it was for exactly but I know some of it was for academics excellence. Avynlea got called for this one and she was one of only 8 fifth graders to get this award. I was pretty proud of her.
Then finally they did the fifth grade advancement certificates. Avynlea got a little confused on what her teacher was doing and thought he was handing her the certificate before he shook her hand and held out her left hand and then quickly switched when she realized he was trying to shake her hand. It was pretty cute watching them laugh at her mistake. 


I never got a picture of Ryker with his Certificate of Excellence award. He was awarded this for having a grade point average between 3.5 and 4.0
Pretty proud of all my kids and their accomplishments in school!