Saturday, December 15, 2012

Thanksgiving!

I was so excited to be able to host Thanksgiving dinner this year for some of my family! The Lutes family attendees were: Matt, Emily, Isabelle, Ben, Joshua, Mallory, Andrew, Breana, and of course my little family. I wanted it to be a casual but nice dinner and so I really tried to do it up with fanciness on the table complete with candlelight. We had such a fun time that I definitely hope to do this more often!
The kids table!


Mallory and Joshua
Breana and Andrew
Matt and Emily
Elizabeth and Kefford
Kefford discovered that my plastic silver spoons were see through. So her had to entertain the table his own way.

I went to Tai Pan Trading and bought my centerpieces. I liked how my table turned out.

That night the adults went out Black Friday Shopping. We split up and went to different stores. I went to Target with Emily, Mallory, Joshua and Andrew. We got there thirty minutes before it opened and found the line to be wrapped around behind the store. There was no way we were getting the things we were hoping to get but stuck it out anyway. To our complete surprise once we got it everyone got everything they were hoping to find. It was a score for all of us. Of course I cheated a little by going in the day before and hiding the king size electric blanket I wanted behind some hanging jeans. :o) tricky tricky!
After that the boys all went home and us girls went to wait in line for Old Navy. Kefford is getting a Wii U for Christmas and the first so many people in line who spent a certain amount got a free Mario Bros Wii U game. We waiting out in the cold for an hour and a half. It was really cold and miserable until Emily left and brought back Hot Chocolate, blankets and playing cards. Then the night turned into fun and laughter. Luckily I was able to get a wristband for the free game. I was like third to last to get one. Phew! Basically we had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed being out with my sisters and niece. :o)
Breana, Emily, Mallory and Elizabeth
If things got intense we were ready! :o)