Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Colored Eggs

Despite buying a gripload of eggs a week ago we never got around to coloring our eggs. On Saturday I told the kids we would do the egg coloring for family home evening Monday night. So Monday I hard boiled a mass load of eggs in preparation for our fun night. I meant to boil enough for the kids to do six eggs each but somehow my Brain was not working and I instead boiled a dozen for each kid. No problem more fun for the kiddos. Kefford did not want to dye the eggs and so while he watched sports I supervised the kids. I explained how to do it and then warned them of being careful so that there were no spills. Of course right after my mini lecture Ryker spilled the cup of blue dye. Really Ryker? Luckily it wasn't a lot and it was easy to clean. So with one more, keep my house clean warning, I let the kids have at it. Rylee was the first one done, then Avynlea and Ryker and last but not least was Kenedy. They all had lots of fun and made some super duper looking eggs.
 After the two little girls got done with their egg coloring and while they were waiting for the others to finish they got out the crayons and coloring books that they got from their Grandma Alison and had some fun. I thought they looked so cute sitting on the couch coloring together. Despite being two years apart they could almost pass for twins. In fact a couple of times while shopping at the store I have had random people comment on my cute little twins. So funny. These two have their disagreements but they are really good friends and enjoy spending time together!