Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy 11th Birthday Kenedy!

So Kenedy's birthday was a bit of an odd day. Keffords Grandpa Max passed away that week and Kenedys Birthday was the day of his Funeral. Kenedy needed some new church dresses and so I took her to Kohl's a couple of weeks earlier and let her pick out two new ones for her birthday. That morning I let her pick out one of them to wear to the funeral. Of course I did not get a picture of how cute she looked in her new dress. But let me tell you she looked super cute!
So we went to the funeral and it was a pretty great funeral. Grandpa Max was an amazing man and he left an awesome legacy to live up to. Lots of Keffords cousins knew that it was Kenedys birthday and so she got a lot of birthday wishes from the family which was nice.
After the funeral we came back t keffords parents house and hung out there for the rest of the day. All of Keffords family was there and it was fun to hang out with them and for the kids to be able to play with their cousins. Dustin's little girl Isabelle is 3 and this kid is in a league of her own. She is very mischievous and  usually does naughty things very quietly. We were all sitting in the kitchen when we noticed Isabelle pouring water on the table and then licking it up like a dog. I think it was Michelle who told her to stop and took the cup away form her. Minutes later she had gotten the cup back and was doing the same thing. So Michelle took it away again. Minutes later after that we saw Isabelle holding a cup filled with water very carefully and walking into the family room. Sara told her to bring the cup back and right after she said that Isabelle ran to where Kenedy was sitting in the banana chair playing with Ryker's DSI and threw the water in her face. We were all shocked, most of all Kenedy. It was kind of funny and you have to wonder what goes on in her mind but of course Isabelle got into trouble and Kenedy was OK aside from being soaked. That was a fine happy birthday from her little cousin!
Finally we decided Kenedy had waited long enough and we got out her cupcakes so that we could sing Happy Birthday to the Birthday girl. I made peanut butter chocolate cupcakes for her birthday and they were most delicious. I love all things peanut butter and chocolate and I am glad that Kenedy likes the combo enough to let me make them for her birthday. 
While Kenedy was busy eating her cupcake Kefford brought her gift in and set it behind her. It was a bit funny to see her sitting there unaware that her birthday gift was right behind her. Kefford bought her an electric piano because he had one when he was a kid and always liked playing with it and he thought she would enjoy it the same way. This way she could practice her piano music in her room whenever she wants to.
Here is Isabelle playing with Kenedys gift while Kenedy sits there unaware.
I finally told Kenedy to close her eyes and then we set the piano in front of her. Once she opened her eyes she was confused for a second and then quickly warmed up to the idea of this very cool gift. Kefford also got her a cheapo digital video camera which she thought was a lot of fun. Those along with the two dresses I had already given her made for a very fine birthday!
Once we got home Kenedy was able to open the package Grandma Bonnie sent her which was money and candy plus she got a card from Grandma Marge filled with money. In addition to all of that her Aunt Erin sent her a gift card to Target! Not a bad birthday at all!
Whitney gave Kenedy this cute shirt for her birthday which she loves and looks very stylish in!
I took Kenedy to Target with her Birthday money and she picked out a super cute new swimming suit, swimming shorts and new black leggings.

5 Reasons I Love Kenedy

1. She is really helpful and is usually willing to help me when I need it. I love that she is able to baby-sit and I am completely serious when I say she is the best baby-sitter we have ever had. 

2. It fills my heart with joy to no end that she is a bookworm like me. I love that she has found the joy of reading and some of her favorite books to read are from my collection of babysitters club books. 

3. She is a Valiant member of the church and I love to see how her testimony is growing. She has a good sense of what is right and wrong and I can tell that she is trying hard to do what is right and to be a better person.

4. She always, always, always gives me a hug and kiss before she goes to bed, always without fail. If she forgets before she gets into bed then she will get out of bed and come hunt me down so that she can give me a hug and kiss and tell me that she loves me. Sometimes it might be annoying especially if I am in a bad mood but I love that she does it and I hope that she never gets too old to show me affection.

5. She is a beautiful girl and I love to see how she is growing up. I am happy that she feels comfortable to ask me questions and comes to me with her concerns. We have already had some pretty great talks about all things girlie! She can be really fun to be around and I know that we will be great friends as she gets older.

Kenedys Favorites
Food: Spaghetti
Candy: Symphony Bar
Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
Book: Fablehaven Series
Color: Hot pink, lime green and turquoise
Song: Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood
Church Song: Love is spoken here
BOM story: Lehi's Dream
 Friend: Natalia Giauque
Game: Disney Apples to Apples
Place to go: Zoo
Season: Summer
thing to do: read
Clothing that you own: black leggings
Be when you grow up: Chef
Actoe: Johnny Depp
Singer: Carrie Underwood
TV Show: iCarly