Friday, February 25, 2011

Happy Valentines Day!

Valentines Day this year was on a Monday, not a really great day to go out on a date with your hubby. I talked to Kefford about it and suggested that we go out and celebrate Valentines day on the Friday or Saturday before but he said he wanted to go on Monday so that is what I planned for. I want to keep my tradition of doing a Valentines theme dinner for my kids and so this year I did it on Sunday instead of Monday because Kefford and I were not going to be around. I made a heart shaped meatloaf (yum, yum), pink mashed potatoes, pink biscuits and I put food coloring in our lemonade to make it pink. Yay so fun! I was laughing sitting there thinking about all of the food coloring we were ingesting and I wondered if it would make our pee pink. I was really hoping it would have but it did not, such a bummer!
I also made our traditional heart shaped cake that I accessorized with sprinkles and gummy bears. We had so many treats lying around the house and we are not huge cake eaters that after we each had one piece this cake was not touched for the rest of the week. So crazy! So I took it to my in-laws for all of them to enjoy. So thoughtful of me I know. :o)
I told Rylee a couple of days before Valentines day that I would let her decorate sugar cookies to give to her siblings on Valentines day. She did not let me forget that promise and as soon as Avynlea got on the bus Rylee was ready to decorate. I put the frosting on for her and she was in charge of the sprinkles and the heart candies.
We put the cookies in baggies that said Love Rylee and as soon as her brother and sisters walked in the door Rylee was right there to give them their Valentines treat. She was so, so, so cute with her delivery. "Happy Valentimes Day guys, Happy Valentimes day". Oh man was she ever adorable. It was so sweet to watch. She even made one for her Dad and was so excited to give it to him when he walked in the door. Love it!
So while the kids were going through all of their Valentines things Avynlea was telling me something about a ring that she got from school. I thought she said that she found a ring and I said "oh that's nice" not really paying to much attention to it all. Well a little bit later the phone rang and Kenedy brought it to me with a funny grin saying "I know what this is about". What? I was confused but I said Hello. It was my friend Lanette who is the Mother of Avynleas best friend Daniel. Apparently Daniel took a $200 ring out of his Moms Jewelry box and gave it to Avynlea at recess asking her to marry him! WHAT!!?? I was laughing so hard. Maybe I should have been paying better attention to what Avynlea was telling me. Of course I took the ring from Avynlea and put it aside to give it back to it's rightful owner. I asked Avynlea more about it and she confirmed it all. I asked her what she said when he said will you marry me and she said that she was just like "ummm, OK?" Seriously these kids are in Kindergarten! So funny!
When Kefford came home he and I took off and headed over to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Kefford had the amazing foresight to stop in the restaurant on his way home and put our names on a waiting list. So once we arrived we only had to wait 15 minutes as opposed to everyone else who had an hour and a half wait! Yeah Kefford is pretty much amazing! We decided to have the valentines day special which included and appetizer and then two entrees. The waitress asked me if I wanted mushrooms on my steak and I said of course Kefford got them too since they were offered. Little did we know that we were going to have to dish out an extra $4 a serving for those mushrooms! We were not very happy with that extra price. We had a great dinner and then when it was done we went home to be with the ones we love. :o)
Kefford and I had gotten our kids little valentine boxes of chocolates which they loved. Of course no pictures were taken. :o( Oh and when Kefford came home originally Avynlea heard him first and went out into the garage to meet him. She came back in carrying a vase of flowers for me and when I asked who they were from she said her and Daddy. When Kefford came in he laughed about that because Avynlea went back out and told him with a funny little grin that she told me they were from her also. Pretty sneaky I might say. :o) We had a great Valentines Day and enjoyed being together. I sure do love my little family!