Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Countdowns

For Christmas this year my Mom put together a really fun Christmas Countdown for the kids. Every day they get to open a bag and inside is a piece of chocolate for each of them and then a slip of paper with something to do that day. Things like make Hot Cocoa and read a Christmas story or decorate your Christmas tree. It has been a fun thing for the kids to look forward to each morning.
Last year Avynleas Primary Teacher gave them each a Nativity Countdown to Christmas. It is a picture of the Nativity but the pieces are cut up so that each day a different piece is taped on until you get to the end and have a complete picture. So every day the kids have been doing that too. It is a nice reminder as to why we celebrate the season.







I started off taking pictures of each countdown until I realized that by the time I got to the end I would have a plethora of pictures that, really, I didn't need. So I stopped after the fourth day. I would like to apologize to Kenedy for not getting a picture on the fourth day with her nativity piece. I was super busy and had planned on doing it later but never got around to it!