Sunday, October 31, 2010

Locks of Love

I have been growing my hair out for the past couple of years so that I could make another donation to "Locks of Love". Way back in the beginning of June we were out at Keffords parents house and his sister Whitney was going over to their cousin Maddies house to have her do her hair. At that point I thought maybe I should get my hair cut now. I was thinking about doing it in July but after measuring my hair and seeing that I had enough for the bare minimum needed by Locks of Love I decided to go for it!

Here is my before shot with my precious long hair.

And another better shot of my mass of hair.

I was a bit nervous cutting my hair off but also kind of excited for the change.

One last shot of my long hair!

the big cut! I have pretty thick hair and Maddie really had to hack at it with the scissors to cut through all of the thickness!

And it is off!

Oh man what have I done? Too late now!
The first time I cut my hair I was able to donate 13 inches. This time I only did 10 inches, still not too shabby!

Since I was going for a change I decided to go for a BIG change, so I told Maddie to make me Blonde!

Boy did she ever! Here is my first picture with my short, blonde hair. It was definitely a fun change and perfect for the summer. I loved it!

However I quickly grew tired of the color. I grew up super blonde and didn't have my hair turn darker until end of high school so I was used to being blonde. However the past 10 or so years i have been my natural brown color and after seeing myself the past four months as a blonde I decided I didn't like the looks of the color on me so I decided on another drastic change.

I went darker brownish red with brighter red highlights. This is the picture I took right after I left the salon and I sent it to some of my family. Most of them wrote back "umm nice smile?" They didn't notice the color! How could they not have noticed the color? I take it back Heather did and she told me it looked good. What was up with the others?

So I sent this picture instead, a more profile shot showing my new hair. This color I am loving and anticipate keeping for a lot longer!