Friday, October 8, 2010

I really despise Goodbyes!

I am going to let everyone in on another weird little quirk of mine. Some people know this (my family) and some do not (most anyone else), but now i am ready to share this with one and all. Ready? Here goes... I really, really despise giving long term goodbyes. Like with a passion despise it. I don't know why I just don't like to do it. For me it is sad, it is awkward, it is no fun..at all. I try to avoid it at all cost. unfortunately long term goodbyes usually cannot be avoided, so I have to buck up and deal with it.

The time had come to say goodbye to our month long house guest Joshua.

I was not OK with his leaving and really wished I could run away so that I didn't have to do it. But I had to and I made my kids do it with me..

they don't seem to have a problem with the goodbyes. But we were all really bummed to see Joshua go. It was nice having him here, for me it was another adult to talk to and having a member of my family here which hardly ever happens. It was fun and comfortable and really great. Darn him for leaving!

Kenedy gave him a hug before she left for school.

Avynlea apparently couldn't be bothered to take her thumb out of her mouth to say goodbye.

Kenedy felt the need to get a shot of us hugging. I am putting on a brave face for the camera!

Brother and Sister love!
Well having him here was fun while it lasted but I know that he had to move on eventually. Thanks for staying with us Josh we really loved having you here!
5 reasons why it was great to have my brother stay with me:
1) Someone to talk to and annoy in the middle of the day who was not my kid.
2) I could leave the kids with him if I had to run a quick errand. I did not do this a lot!

3) Someone else to watch shows with Kefford that I think are dumb and not worth my time. It was nice to just go to bed and not feel bad for leaving Kefford alone because he wasn't he had Josh who apparently likes the dumb shows.
4)having someone here to watch project runway with me. We would comment on all the fashions and the lame people and just laugh at the outlandish. I like having someone who appreciated it like i do!

5) Joshua likes to cook and it was fun having him help me make dinners. He makes really good biscuits and making pretzels together was quite fun!
Joshua will be missed
THE END