Saturday, October 2, 2010

We love playing in McCall!

On Monday I got up before anybody and went out running. it was fun to run outside in the nicely crisp mountain air, but running along the mountains ups and downs was tiring me out quick. I am not a runner and that is ok with me, I do it sometimes and it feels good but I do not like to do it all of the time. while I was on my way back to the house I passed some construction guys working on a property not to far from the petersons house. After I passed them I felt a little uncomfortable and when I looked back i saw one guy standing by his equipment blatently staring at me. I was weirded out by that and was glad that I was so close to being back at the house.
The kids had eaten the yummy breakfast of waffles that Joshua had made and then got busy colring and watching TV.


I love this picture of these two girls so intent on their work.

Kenedy was very much into the TV. They definitely get more TV time up here then they do at home!

After we all go ready we brought out the four-wheelers so tht we could go out riding.

We all love riding the four-wheelers and the kids were so excited to go on this ride.


Aynlea and Rylee rode with Kefford.

Kenedy rode with me.

And Ryker with his goggles on rode with Joshua. The sight of Ryker wearing those riding goggles really made me laugh. He looked so dang cute in them!


While riding along we passed a headless snake. Of course I had to take a picture of it. Kind of gross thats for sure!


Check out those goggles!

Joshua told us a story about when he went out hiking solo and how he kicked down a tree. While out riding we passed the area he said he did it in so I told him he needed to show us the tree he kicked over so that I could get a picture of it. He looked and looked and looked but was never able to find that tree. Bummer! I personaly do not think that him not being able to locate that tree means that the story was not true about him kicking it down. I choose to believe Joshua tree kicking story and realize that it can be hard trying to locate a specific tree in the forest.
Rylee, Kefford and Avynlea

Joshua and Ryker

Ryker, Elizabeth and Kenedy

Hey there cutie pie Avynlea, nicely posed!

Rylee found a fun little picture taking spot under a tree.

Avynlea decided to try it out and found a different way to pose. So cute!

Kenedy posed so cute in the long grasses. She is beautiful!

I sure do love this guy and I think, I think, he returns the affections!

Kefford thought this cool bent tree would be a cool place to try to get another family picture. I love the hand holding!

Life is Grand!

Of course we had Joshua pose so he could get his picture taken too!

After we got back to the house Kefford impressed us all with his four wheeler riding skills.
He is so talented!

I love when he rides with one leg up on the seat, I think he looks so good riding that way!

Crazy mad skills!

After we were done riding the four wheelers we decided to change into our bathing suits and headed down to the lake to cool off. I forgot to charge the camera and unfortunately only got these two pictures of our time down at the lake. The water was kind of chilly and so the kids waded around a little bit and Joshua took them out on the paddle boat for a bit.

Without first testing the temperature of the water Joshua ran and took a leap off the end of the dock. He was a little sorry he did it when he realized how frigid the water was. I told the kids after he did his big leap that if any of them did that I would give them 10 pieces of candy. Without a pause Kenedy started running towards the end of the dock. As she passed me I thought for sure the kid would stop at the end and chicken out. I was pretty much shocked when she didn't stop but continued running and then she took the leap! WOW! I was pretty proud of her and really wished I had it on camera!

After the fun day we had the kids change into their pajamas and I made them some s'mores in the microwave which they have been dying to have!
Yum Yum!