Monday, August 31, 2009

California Adventures {part 4} beach fun

Each night one family takes a turn making dinner for the rest of the group. I decided to do dinner the first night so that I could get it out of the way and not worry about it. I did hamburgers and Ashleigh brought this cool little hamburger grill/basket think to cook them in. I tried holding them over the coals that my wonderful brothers lit but it was getting hot on my hand and it was helping them cook very fast. So Joshua rigged up this fun little contraption to hold the rack up.

Using the soda cup and a bent hanger he got it to cook the hamburgers.

I had Heather hold my camera and so she then took it upon herself to take some random pictures. This one is of me looking a little bit stressed. The hamburgers were really stressing me out until Josh stepped in and basically took over. Then I felt bad cause he was cooking the food I was supposed to be. But I paid for it all so I guess it evens out.

Kenedy enjoying her grub.

Joshua keeping a manly watch on the fire and the cooking hamburgers.

Ashleigh and Kylie enjoying the meal.

and more silliness! Fun day and I was so glad when my cooking day was over.