Saturday, January 7, 2023

Rumble in the Jungle Cheer Competition

Cyndi's next door neighbor is Peter Billingsley, he is the actor who played Ralph in A Christmas Story. His family moved to Idaho and they are renting the hose net door to Cyndi while their home is being built.  While I was at a planning meeting at Cyndi's she showed me the Christmas Card she got form the BIllingsley family. I took a picture to send it to our family group chat and Kefford was not impressed, he said he doesn't care about a card he wanted to know when he can meet Peter. I don't know that it will ever happen but he can try. 
Mom is finally able to go back to Kaiser to volunteer in the gift shop and while Heather was dropping her off for her shift she took a picture of her walking in without a cane or walker and sent it to our family chat. The picture made me so happy and it got me a little emotional seeing how well she can walk. I just remembered how hard it was for her before her surgeries and how much she struggled after her hip replacement during recovery and I am so proud of her and how hard she worked to get to this point.

Saturday Avynlea traveled with her Cheer team to Jerome to compete in the  Rumble in the Jungle Competition. They travelled by bus and arrived a little early so they had breakfast at IHOP where Avynlea put her makeup on.
I was planning on driving to the Competition and Natalie and Amy both came with me which was really nice, I appreciated the company. 
This was the first time we got to watch Avynlea compete in her small stunt group and they did really well. I love watching her perform and compete and she always makes me so proud. They had a couple of wobbles in their routine but they did so good and it was so fun to watch.

Varsity got 2nd in show, 2nd in small stunt and jv got 2nd in sideline and 3rd in Pom. 


Katie, Avynlea, Hannah, Roree and Kylee competed in small stunt and Alyssa coached them and helped them with their routine. Delaney put herself in the picture and I could not figure out why. Avynlea said that Katie can't be at the next competition so they were contemplating having Delaney take her place but ultimately decided against that and are not going to compete it at the next comp. I guess Delany felt she was a part of the group and put herself in the picture but she really does not belong.
They played second in small stunt which was awesome

We got pictures of the team and then I took a couple pictures of Avynlea and Paige.


Avynlea and Elizabeth

Paige and Amy 

Paige promised Katie she would ride the bus home with her but Avynlea decided to ride home with Amy Natalie and I. We stopped at Jimmy Johns for some food and then we hit the rode for the two hour ride home. As we got off the freeway in Meridian we saw that Scentsy still had their holiday lights on. Avy and Natalie wanted us to stop so they could take some pictures so I did. We took one with Paige's Fathead so she could be in the pictures and then one with just Avy and Nat.