Saturday, January 28, 2023

Cheer Districts

I love whenever Mikell sends me pictures of Baby Emily, it has been hard since they moved not being able to see them on the weekly and so its fun to get pictures. I bought Emily a large pack of headband bows when she was born and Mikell sent me this picture of her wearing one of them. She is just the cutest little thing and I love her little tongue sticking out which Mikell says is a trademark of Emily's, she is just too precious and I cannot wait to meet her.
Cheer Districts was at Capital High School this year and Amy came with me to cheer on our girls.
I love that these two girls have been friends for so long. Besties in elementary school they drifted apart a little through Middle School but then being in Cheer together brought them back in High School. It is hard to believe that they are Seniors and getting ready to graduate. This is their last Cheer Districts and it makes me sad but it has been a long and often hard road and I am excited to see their future unfold.
Paige and Avynlea

Meridian competed in Pom, Sideline, Show and all-girl small stunt. Coach Christina took pictures of the girls before they performed Pom (top picture) and show (bottom picture)
I took video of all the routines and also took some pictures. Avynlea is the flyer second from the left. I absolutely love watching her cheer and I am going to miss this a lot.
Christina got a picture of the small stunt group before they went on and also captured a picture of them in their prayer huddle.

Alison was able to be here just long enough to watch the team perform in show. She and Bob were working the afternoon shift at the Temple that week so she couldn't stay any longer than that. Avy and I appreciated her being there for even that small amount. 
Alison, Avynlea and Elizabeth

After a long day of competing it was finally time for awards and Districts is where we have to qualify for State. 
Meridian qualified to take their Show routine and small girl stunt routine to State which was awesome. Honestly we were not sure nay of it was going to go and so we were happy to be able to take two routines and I am happy that Avynlea is in both of them.
Avynlea bottom row 2nd from left

Chris and Carlee were helping at the competition by being spotters for all of the teams. It was fun to have them there on the mat with Meridian again as they competed. Chris and Carlee cheered with Kenedy and they were on the cheer team Avynlea's freshman year.

Avynlea and Amanda
Amanda came to watch and support our girls, we miss her as a coach but appreciate her being so supportive.


Small Stunt Group
Katie, Avynlea, Hannah, Kylie and Roree

Avynlea, Paige and Katie

Avynlea, Elizabeth, Amy and Paige

Later that night was Senior Night for Boys Basketball. Avynlea wanted to go to the game so she could support the boys but she was also going to ask Bodie to Sweethearts. I wanted to go even though I was exhausted so I talked Kefford into going with me and we were able to watch the Basketball game and then also watch Avynlea ask Bodie to Sweethearts. 
Avynlea had a tattoo of Bodie I think from Stinky Sneaker that she put on her arm before the game,
Avynlea and Ruby

The asking wasn't that big of a deal, Avy just wrote her message on a poster board and after the game stood outside the boys locker room with Sadie who was asking Josh while holding their posters. He said yes and now Avynlea has her Date to Sweethearts.
Avynlea and Bodie