Sunday, January 22, 2023

Engagement and Buying a Wedding Dress!

Avynlea's panther team at fierce had three long days of learning their competition routine. This is a picture that was sent out of them with their choreographer. Avynlea is in the bottom row 5th from the right. She really loves her team and her coaches and I am so happy that she is having fun and that this team has been such a good fit for her.
Tyler had planned to propose to Kenedy over Christmas break but the ring he ordered was not ready in time so he had to adjust his plans. A funny story is that I got a call from a Reno number the day they were coming into town which was Ty. He explained that he had been texting me abut the proposal and I have not been answering for about a week. It turned out he had the wrong number which he found out when he asked Emily for my number. I said he must have been thinking how rude his future In-laws were that they wouldn't even answer to his text messages. He was finally calling to let me know he was not able to get the ring, that it was not ready. 
He readjusted his plans and decided he was going to propose in Utah on Saturday January 21. I really wanted to be around when the proposal happened, not necessarily at the proposal but around so Rylee and I drove to Utah on Friday the day before and stayed with Joshua. I only told Joshua and Mallory about us coming because I needed to stay with them and we didn't want info about the proposal getting out. It was fun to surprise Joshuas kids and Andrew when we saw them. I had Joshua invite Emily over Saturday morning so we could hang out with her without her knowing we were in town and it was fun to surprise her when she came in and saw us.

Leona and Elizabeth

Little Lord Wyndemere

Amos, Rylee, Leona and Fredrick

Elizabeth and Amos

Ty proposed to Kenedy at the top of the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. Gabi and Porter were there to film and take pictures. When they were done Ty sent me a message telling me they were on their way to Joshuas and to hide my car. Kenedy tried FaceTiming me but I ignored it. Avynlea was competing at the TVCI Cheer competition and so I know she assumed I was at the competition and could not answer my phone. When they arrived at Joshuas I was hiding behind the door so I could pop out and surprise her when they walked in. They walked in and I popped out but I did not surprise her because she saw the text Ty sent me on his phone and knew I was in town. Oh well, it was fun to see them anyway, see the ring and hear about the proposal.
Kenedy happened to already have an appointment to try on wedding dresses which I was so happy that I could be there for. She invited Mallory, Emily, Gabi, and Cassie to come and then Rylee and I were able to join them. Kenedy tried on a lot of beautiful dresses and she look gorgeous in every single one of them. She had an idea of one she really liked that she saw on the shops Instagram and in the end that is the one she chose. I am happy that she was able to find a dress, that I could be there for it and that it wasn't a hard process. She knew what she liked and was happy that when she tried it on it looked and felt as good as she hoped.









Gabi, Mallory, Rylee, Kenedy, Elizabeth, Emily and Cassie

At the TVCI competition Avynlea participated in the Jump off that they have at the end of competitions while waiting for awards. I was so proud of her for competing and was so happy to get video of her routines and her jump off participation from friends. 

Paige, Hailey and Avynlea posing with JV's 4th place Pom award

Sunday morning Rylee and I said goodbye to Joshuas family and then we headed over to Emily's so we could go to Sacrament meeting with them. While we were there Kenedy tried on her dress again to show us and so we could admire it some more. This was a fun trip and I am so glad Rylee and I were able to be in Utah for it all.