Thursday, August 4, 2022

Tie Dying with the Heslops

 On Wednesday I went to the library to pick up some books I had on hold. Normally I would use the self checkout without speaking to anyone and leave but I needed some help this time around. The lady who was helping me saw my card and asked if I was Elizabeth Fern, I thought it was a weird question but I said yes. Then she said that she has seen my name in the system many times and that she wanted to meet me because her name is also Elizabeth Fern. I thought that was so fun and what a funny coincidence that we have the same first and middle name. She said that she goes by Betty so that is a difference. I said we had to take a picture together and then proceeded to take a selfie with her. 

The girls were invited to go to Reno to stay the week with Tyler and his family bit Kefford and I did not feel good about the idea. The car they would be taking was not super reliable for long trips and we didn't like the idea of our three girls traveling to Reno by themselves. I suggested that Tyler come to us for the week so that we would get to know him better, that worked for everyone so plans were made. 

The second day he was here we had invited the Heslop girls over to tie dye shirts with us. Kenedy got a tie dye kit from Kylie when she graduated High School that never got used. We had the Heslops bring over shirts to tie dye and we got to work in the backyard. 
Tyler played a little bit of soccer with the girls when they got done with tie dying.


Rylee and Avynlea

left pic: Avynlea, Rylee and Catherine
right pic: Hazel, Emmaline and Avynlea

WE hd gloves for everyone and the girls and Tyler were doing good to help the Heslops but I noticed Genni struggling a little so I stepped in to help her. I didn't have any gloves on because I didn't think I would need them but ended up getting dye all over my hands.
After the tie dye we played a game of Disney Apples to Apples and the girls had a lot of fun playing that with us. 
Kenedy helped Catherine, Tyler helped Hazel, Avynlea helped Emmaline and Avynlea helped Genni.
We had a fun time being with the Heslop girls and they loved coming over and being with us for a few hours of fun and games.