Monday, August 15, 2022

Friends and Service

8/11: Every so often Mina will send me a text asking if her and Roen could meet me for brunch. I had Roen in my dance class for quite a few years until she aged out and I love that her and her Mom want to keep in touch. We went to brunch on a day Roen had off from school and it was really fun to visit and catch up. 
8/11: I finally did one of the dance camps for EDP and I had a small group of the cutest girls. Farrah (pink Leo) and Violet (blue Leo) I had in my classes last year so it was fun to see them again and have them in class. It was a 4 day camp and throughout the camp I taught them a dance to a song about ice cream. I told them that on the last day we would celebrate by me bringing in ice cream bars for them. I brought in some strawberry shortcake ones and put them win the freezer in the office. The freezer must not have been working right because when I pulled them out they were mush, ugh. The girls were good sports about it and either ate them right away or took them home to stick in the freezer.
8/13: Saturday was community cleanup service day. Our Ward decided to do cleanup at Owyhee High School, Star Middle and Pleasant Valley elementary but we could do clean up anywhere we wanted. We decided to do clean up at Meridian High School for Avynlea to get service credit for cheer. We did a lot of weeding and cleaning up of the flower beds. Jill Lilliankamp the Principal at Meridian was taking pictures and posted the bottom right photo of Avynlea and Rylee crediting Meridian Cheer which we thought was funny because it looks like both girls are cheerleaders and Rylee "doesn't even go here". 
8/15: Avynlea thought it was funny to take a picture of herself with this Dairy Days Trophy that Meridian High had. She even put her name on it the sneaky little minx.
Rylee was invited to go to Ellas birthday party, they did dinner and shopping and had a lot of fun.
Rylee and Ella

right picture...Tayci, Rylee, Saylor and Ella