Monday, August 29, 2022

Elder Peterson Week 51

  I can't believe it has already been a year! I still feel very green... Helping the new missionaries come in last week made me feel pretty old too though. Mixed feelings this whole month. But I can confidently say that it has been the best year of my life.


     I've been in 4 areas, I've had 8 companions, 2 half companions (the 2 week trios),  and I've met hundreds of incredible people. I truly have seen the hand of God in this work and it is such a blessing to be a part of it. I've had so many experiences that have strengthened my testimony that Jesus Christ lives and that He is the head of this church. I often sit at my desk and just ponder all the lessons I've been taught by the Spirit. All the things I've learned and continue to learn as I serve as a missionary. Anyway, I'll get into the stuff that happened this past week.

     We've been doing a lot of finding, which hasn't yielded the greatest results, but that's okay. The highlight of the week is Linda. She is an awesome lady we found several weeks ago. We were finally able to sit down with her and teach a formal lesson. We went over the Restoration of the Gospel as well as some temple and family history work stuff (she had a lot of questions). She really enjoyed the visit and is super excited to learn more. The only fear we have is her husband. He doesn't want to talk to us and is very introverted. Linda told us that he's had bad experiences with churches in the past, specifically with preachers that are only "in it for the money." While this obviously wouldn't be a problem, since we aren't paid and neither is our Bishop, he still is being distant and won't meet with us with his wife. Keep Mel and Linda in your prayers, they would be blessed so much from this gospel. 
     On another happier note. Linda came to Sacrament Meeting yesterday! Of course, her husband didn't come with her, but at least she came. I think she really enjoyed it, she told us she's got some more questions for the next time we meet. We really look forward to future lessons with her, she's such an amazing person. 

     Oh yeah, how could I forgot, we got ourselves a car!! It's a silver Chevy equinox and it has brought me so much joy. One day we were driving and down the road i spot a very large speed bump. Naturally I speed up, hit rhe jump, and catch some gnarly air. Don't worry, we only bottomed out a little. After that we parked and talked to a guy on the street. He said he saw our wicked air and wanted to be baptized because of it. So we first baptized the car, then drove to the nearest body of water to baptize our friend Ricky. It was a wild ride. All thanks to the good ol equinox.
Sister Call wrote that. I promise I did not baptize a car. Or a guy named Ricky. But we did get a car, which has been VERY nice. I will never take that privilege for granted ever again.

     Not much more to talk about...

3 Nephi 5: 13 
"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

Alma 29: 9-10
     "I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and this is my joy.
   And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended towards me."

     Now that I have a better grasp for missionary work, this year is gonna be great 😉

Until next week...

- Elder Peterson 

I threw in some random pictures from past areas and the MTC