Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Elder Peterson week 47

 I just sat down on a bench to write this email and found a 2 dollar bill underneath it. Cool.


     The reason I'm not emailing until now is pretty awesome. Somehow we and 10 other missionaries got permission to move our pday to today so we can go to the Astros game this afternoon. The Minute Maid Park is right outside our mission boundaries, so I'm still surprised this was approved. I mean, I guess NASA is further out of the mission, but it would be cruel not to let missionaries go there at least once. I never thought I'd be going to an Astros game while out here, but it was approved. 
(It's major league baseball for those who don't know)

     Anyway, last Friday was Zone Conference, which was pretty fun. I talked with Elder Paulsen for a bit (he's about to hit 18 months!) as well as some other missionaries I haven't seen in a while. We learned a lot about using Preach My Gospel more and how to apply what we learn from it. Preach My Gospel is such a useful tool for missionaries. If you are looking to go on a mission, get in that book asap and study it like crazy. I went through it a decent amount before coming out, but boy if I knew... 
But yeah, Zone conference was great.

     Nothing else really interesting has happened this past week (this area is REALLY slow). Elder Simpson wrecked his bike (hit a curb head on and did a flip, he's okay). I wrecked my bike (hit a tree root and just kinda jumped off). McDonald's gave me large fries when I payed for medium fries. Lots of great stuff.

     Oh yeah, the mission office changed too, I almost forgot that. Here's a section from President Larkin's email with some info:

Texas Houston East Mission

Attn: Missionary’s Full Name

19618 Atasca Oaks Dr.

Humble, TX 77346

 

Additionally, this address serves as the mission office and as a functioning ward building, therefore we could not receive mail prior to tomorrow as there was no one on site to receive it. 

Any package sent to the old office address will be received there for the next week to ten days and we will collect it there.  The US Postal Service will forward all packages from the old address to the new address for about six months.  It may be a bit challenging for other carriers such as UPS, FedEx and Amazon if packages are sent to the old address and don’t arrive in the next 7-10 days.  We apologize for any inconvenience.  Please know we have excellent relationships with the regular route drivers from these carriers and they have been aware of the pending change for several weeks and have been most helpful.

 We truly love your missionaries and are grateful for your sustaining support.


That's the end of it, but I'm too lazy to fix the font size πŸ˜… so I'll finish with tiny letters I guess.


     My favorite scripture this week is Alma 38:12

"Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness."

It's a powerful scripture with great advice, especially for missionaries. It was a good reminder for me to be bold in my efforts and to make sure I'm keeping my purpose in mind.  See if you can find a way to apply this scripture to yourself.  Nephi taught us that's what we're supposed to do πŸ˜‰

     Well I gotta head to a baseball game, ya'll enjoy your day and I'll enjoy mine. 


     Email me if you've got any questions or concerns. Or don't,  I don't want to hear from you anyway...

πŸ˜₯ (jk, I do)


     -Elder Peterson