Friday, March 4, 2022

At Mikells and State Basketball Finals

We went over to visit Mikell Sunday night on February 27 to return some puzzles we borrowed during covid, to drop off boxes for them and to visit. We love going over to visit them and they are planning on moving to Montana which makes us really sad. Steve got a really great job in Montana and is already out there working and Mikell plans on moving when the lease on their house is up which is in June. We don't have too much longer to take advantage of them living a couple miles down the road from us so we have to visit as often as they will let us. 

Luke has been a tough nut to crack but slowly we have been melting away at his defenses and he will now smile and interact with us. Kefford hit the jackpot by getting him to sit on his lap while Kefford showed him funny filters on his phone. It was fun to see Jason and Luke having fun with their Uncle Kefford. 

                   

March 4th Owyhee played Meridian in the State playoffs, Rylee went and sat in her student section to support Owyhee and Kefford and I sat in th eMeridian section because Avynlea was cheering and I wanted to support her. I support Rylee also but as long as Avy is cheering I will be wearing blue and sitting with Meridian. In a year and a half I will be in red and sitting with Owyhee to support Rylee and her school.
So Owyhee played Meridian and Meridian played so good and almost beat them. They came back from about a 16 point deficit and just about had it but lost in the last minute by three points. It was an exciting game and I think my favorite parts of the games are the chants that go back and forth between the student sections.
We were bummed for Avynlea and Meridian, they played and fought so hard but we were happy for Rylee and Owyhee.
Rylee and Avery Miller
Saylor, Addi, Ella, Rylee and Avery



Every year for banquet we give gifts to the coaches to thank them for all they have done for our kids. This year Avynlea has talked with all of the captains, both JV and Varsity, and they have decided on what they want to give to their coaches💙💛. Blue heart sunglasses and Tumblers. They wanted to have Carrie cut
the vinyl with her circuit but after not communicating very well with Avynlea she finally told her that she couldn't because the circuit was broken. I thought the Cheer boosters would be more helpful with the coaches gifts since I along with Carrie did them last year but she was pretty snotty to Avy and to me when I was talking to her about it and was not inclined to be more helpful. After talking to Carrie I told her that Avy and I would take care of it and I sent a text to my friend Cristal to see if we could use her circuit she said we could but told me that my neighbor Michelle cuts out vinyl and has a business doing it. I contacted Michelle and she said she could help us out and asked if we wanted vinyl or she also has an engraving business and could engrave the metal tumblers. I thought that was way cooler and longer lasting then vinyl and Avy agreed so after making sure it was ok with her Captains we went with the engraving. I had Avynlea send me an idea of what she wanted and once again she discussed it with her Captains and they came up with an idea which Avynlea then mocked up on a picture and I took it to Michelle so she knew what we wanted and she created a design based off of Avynlea's. I am so excited to see the final result.

Throughout this entire process I was so impressed with Avynlea's leadership skills and how instead of making all the decisions herself like someone else might have she involved all of the Captains to get their input and ideas. She is such a great leader and I am so proud of how she handles herself and works well with others.