Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Happy 15th Birthday Rylee!!

The morning of Rylee's 15th birthday I made pancakes and added sprinkles to them. This was an exciting birthday for Rylee in that this is her first year to go to school on her birthday. I kept teasing her and telling her that school was going to be closed on her birthday but it stayed open and she was off to school.
When she came home I asked her how it was and she said it was not fun...hahaha. She did get sung to in one of her classes which was embarrassing for her and she had lots of people telling her Happy Birthday. She discovered that celebrating your birthday while going to school is not that big of a deal.

Kenedy posted this story on her Instagram and I posted a video I made of Rylee with pictures of her set to the song "Fifteen" by Taylor Swift. I also posted a birthday picture of her.

For dinner she requested Beef Stroganoff and fruit salad. I made the Stroganoff and bought a bag of frozen fruit from Costco. Delicious! Avynlea brought her home a drink from Dutch Bros which was super sweet of her.
Rylee opened her presents after dinner, she got a card and a colored picture from Atticus.
Her friend Avery Miller dropped off a gift of a bag of green apples and a bracelet with a cactus charm on it for her birthday, Rylee was pretty excited about both gifts.
From us she got a pencil case, a body scrubber, a true crime game, an eyeshadow pallet...
DragonWatch books and some new Nike Blazers that she designed herself.
For her Birthday cake Rylee wanted a chocolate Costco cake which I was happy to get for her.

Later that night she got gifts from Tayci...soda, skittles and socks, from Ella... skittles and a gift card and Mikell sand her kids topped by with chocolate and a puzzle. 
5 things I love about Rylee

1) Rylee is so funny and sometimes has such a dry sense of humor and other times can be so goofy and silly, she makes me laugh all of the time and is good at finding the joy in life. I love it when I can hear her laughing as she is watching a movie or TV show and when she finds life amusing.

2) I love Rylee's confidence and how she is who she is. She doesn't change herself to fit in with others, she doesn't need to because she is amazing just how she is. She has her own style and is very opinionated on what she likes and doesn't like. I love that she knows what she likes and isn't afraid to tell me when she doesn't like something I think would be cute on her. 

3) I love that Rylee likes to write letters to Ryker. I suspect that if he didn't write her back she wouldn't be as enthusiastic about it because getting a letter in the mail is always fun. She writes him letters and also enjoys talking to him on the phone when he calls. Rylee is really good at maintaining a relationship with her siblings that have left home. 

4) Rylee's favorite store to go to is the used book store and I love that she still finds so much joy in reading. She always has a book with her and will spend more time reading than doing anything else. I love that we share a love for reading and I hope that she will share that same love someday with her kids.

5) I love that Rylee is willing to do hard things. We have signed her up to do the Associates degree program through her school which means that if she is able to stick with it she can graduate High School and get her associates degree at the same time. When we met with the counselor about it it was pretty overwhelming but Rylee is willing to try it out. I think it's cool that she is ok with trying hard things and is willing to give this a go. 

Rylee's Favorites:
  1. Dinner: Any kind of pasta
  2. Dessert: ice cream cake
  3. Candy: skittles!!
  4. Color: purple
  5. Scripture Story: Alma joining the church and his life
  6. Primary Song: A child's prayer
  7. Radio Song: 21 Pilots (Any of their music)
  8. Book: Percy Jackson series
  9. Movie: Harry Potter series or The Hunger Games series
  10. TV Show: The Office or Phineas and Ferb
  11. Thing to do: read, go on trips, swim, draw, babysitting, drive!!
  12. Place to go: anywhere if I get to drive
  13. School Subject: English
  14. Store: The Half-Priced Bookstore and Target
  15. Drink: lemonade