Friday, February 5, 2021

Avynlea's Sweet 16 Party!

This year Avynlea got to have her Sweet 16 Birthday Party and it was a lot of fun. I put Avynlea in charge of planning most of it, she planned her cake, the food, who to invite and the activities and she did a great job! I did the decorations, fulfilled her food list and cleaned the house :). We asked her former Young Women leader Sister Culbertson if she would be willing to make a cake for Avynlea's party. She loves Avynlea and was more then willing to help us check that item off our list. Avynlea requested a funfetti cake with pale pink buttercream frosting. She wanted it simple with white roses and greenery. I bought the roses and the night of the party Sister Culbertson stopped by with the cake. I was at dance when she brought the cake by and when I got home I was in love with the cake! It was simple, elegant and beautiful, the perfect cakes for our Birthday girl.

Avynlea absolutely is not a fan of being sung Happy Birthday to but she sucked it up and let her friends sing to her before blowing out her candles. She didn't want a lot of candles so I think we only did 7, 1 and 6 :)

When we cut into the cake we found a fun surprise, Sister Culbertson hollowed out the middle and filled it with sprinkles! 
Avynlea and her friends wanted to play "fugitive" so they did that while I enjoyed the quiet with Amy and Diana, my friends and the moms of Avy's friends Paige and Natalie, I invited them to come and hang out with me during the party. About a half hour after they left the kids came back in and Avynlea and her friends were all hyped up about being stopped and questioned by a police officer. I guess there have been some suspicious activity in our neighborhood so it has been being patrolled by some plain clothes cops. The kids were seen running around the neighborhood playing "Fugitive" and so the cops stopped them to find out what was going on. Once they heard what they were up to they were left alone. It wasn't a big deal but it made for some fun excitement and story telling.
Kenedy came home for the weekend to surprise Avynlea for her Birthday and she helped create a game that had questions about Avynlea for everyone to play. I made a picture video for Avynlea and had everyone watch it. It was about 11 minutes long so I hope it wasn't too torturous for her friends to watch, at least they could see cute pictures of Avynlea.
For decorations I went with the colors Avynlea chose for her cake, Pink, green and white and I made a balloon arch and a cute "Avynlea is Sweet 16" banner with paper I found at the Hobby Lobby.
I bought tissue paper pompoms and the pompom banner from the Dollar store and they looked so cute and added a fun touch.

I am so glad that we were able to celebrate Avynlea and that she had so much fun at her party. She is a pretty awesome kid and deserves all the love and attention she received her birthday week!