Tuesday, February 2, 2021

Avynlea is Sweet 16!

Avynlea is 16! Where oh where has the time gone? I got up on the morning of February 2nd and made Avynlea some Birthday pancakes. I just made regular pancakes and then added sprinkles to them and they were festive and delicious!
The kids had at home school on this day but Avynlea had plans with some of her friends to go hit up all of the Dutch Bro's for her free birthday drinks. Before she got dressed for the day Avynlea asked me if any of her gifts were clothing that she could open and wear today. I didn't have anything that would fit her need but I knew Rylee did so I asked Rylee if she wanted to give her gift to Avynlea right then to open. She was agreeable to it and gave Avynlea her gift.

A cute purple hoodie that Avynlea could wear all day long! Soft, comfy and super cute!
For dinner Avynlea had some different ideas, she thought about doing chicken and rice casserole which she has been loving lately, she also was thinking about chicken salad sandwiches and ultimately after a bit of encouraging from me decided on the sandwiches. She also told me she wanted a bowl of fruit that would be only for her and chips. I got the sandwiches, the chips and the fruit but she did have to share all of it, she is too funny.

After dinner it was present time! Avynlea got money and candy from her Grandma Bonnie and a purple hair wrap.
She got a mini cordless mouse, Nike Pros from Kenedy, Silk pillowcases and a Mormon romance novel.
Finally she got a calico critters baby treehouse, Nike Shoes, cotton candy and google lights for her bedroom. She loved everything and was very happy with all of her fun gifts!
I bought Avynlea's favorite soft sugar cookie and made a cookie tower for her Birthday "Cake".
Happy Sweet 16 Beautiful Girl!

Avynlea's Favorites:
  1. Food: Rice
  2. Dessert: Milkshake
  3. Candy: Snickers
  4. Color: Pink
  5. Book: Masquerade by Sierra St James
  6. TV Show: Vampire Diaries
  7. Radio Song: The Way I Loved You by Taylor Swift
  8. Church Song: Army of Helaman
  9. Scripture Story: Abinidi
  10. Friend: Andreya, Natalie, Hailey and Paige
  11. Thing to do: Cheer
  12. Place to be: Home 
  13. Toy: Phone teehee
  14. Princess: Belle
  15. Hobbies: Cheer, Ukulele, Piano, idk
  5 things I love about Avynlea:
1. I love Avynlea's personality, she is a lot of fun to be around and is constantly making me laugh. Avynlea likes to have fun and I enjoy watching her do crazy things. with her siblings and/or her friends. She likes to do little athletic competitions but only if she knows she will come out on top and usually she does. 

2. I love Avynlea as a cheerleader. She is a natural cheerleader and is so enjoyable to watch. She gets excited at games and when her team is winning is the loudest and most excited cheering the tea on. She is an amazing flyer and has no fear in the air, she is willing and able to do anything the coaches ask her to and is constantly asked to do more. I have loved watching and cheering her on these last couple of years and am excited for at least two more years.

3. Avynlea has been working hard to grow her testimony while in High School and it makes me so happy to watch her. I love that she has made a goal to read her scriptures every day and that she sticks with it. Avynlea was recently called to be the president of her Young Women group ages 15-18 and it says a lot about her leadership skills and testimony that she was given this responsibility. She is a good example to everyone around her.

4. I love that Avynlea wants to spend time with me and she includes me in her life. It would be so easy for her to be a typical teenager and not want to have anything to do with her parents but she isn't. She talks to me about what is going on in school and cheer and when I am able to be at her games she will come and hang out with me at halftime. I love going to the store with her and spending time with her. 

5. Avynlea is a good friend to have in your corner, she is fun, she is loyal and she is very forgiving. Her friends do things that will irritate her and she is good to forgive and let it go. She is also her friends biggest cheerleader and will be so happy for them in their successes even if it means it didn't happen for her. I love that about her and I appreciate the example that she is for me and hope to be more like her.