Saturday, May 2, 2020

Week 7 in Quarantine (Rylee sneaks a friend visit, at the park with Kenedy, Bath bomb making, Kefford's beard, Kenedy fishes)

For Church Kenedy, Rylee and Kefford each gave a talk/message and Avynlea and Ryker played the piano for us to sing to. For our picture Kefford took video and then screenshot some pictures for me. Later in the day I was pretty bored and I talked Avynlea into making an iMovie with me. We were superheroes, she was Mega Cheerinator and I was Lady Braidy, and we realized we needed a super villain. I managed to talk Kefford into doing it with us and he only agreed after I promised him I would never show it to anyone or post it on social media. We had a lot of fun and I think we made a pretty great trailer that no one will ever see ;)


Rylee's friend Tayci sent a text in the early evening to tell Rylee to come outside if she was home. Rylee went outside to find Tayci waiting for her and it was so fun for these friends to see each other and chat for a bit. We all have missed having any kind of social interaction and Rylee has been realizing how much she does like having friends and being around people. Tayci's family came by on their bikes and we all ended up outside and chatting with our friends for a bit. I am so glad the weather has been nice and we can be outside.
 On Monday I took Avynlea and Rylee to Settler's park so we could meet up with Kenedy and the kids she Nanny's. While we were waiting for Kenedy to get there we sat around the pond and watched the ducks. Avynlea was filming herself and the ducks when she suddenly got freaked out. What she had witnessed and then what Rylee and I witnessed were two ducks making whoopee. It was nature but it was awkward and uncomfortable to witness especially for my two girls. They couldn't even look at those two ducks after that. When Kenedy arrived we drew on the pavement with chalk and then after making sure nothing indecent was going on we went back to the pond so Kenedy's two charges could see the ducks. It was a beautiful day and it was so nice to be outside and have something different to do.

I have found during this stay at home order that on the days that I am not teaching dance that it is super easy to stay in my pajamas with no make-up and watching tv all day. When I do this I also find that it is very easy for me to sink into a depression. So I am trying harder to get dressed, put make-up on and do something with my hair. I really have found that doing this as well as reading my scriptures every day and saying my prayers have helped my mental head space. I do feel better about myself and don't tend to get as sad. On Wednesday, even though I had no where to go, I did all this and found myself having a much better day. Life lessons!
On Sunday when my kids were face timing my Mom she was telling them a story about when she was a youth at girls camp and in the big camp group picture everyone is smiling at the camera except my Mom, her nose was stuck in a book. It was a funny story and she is an avid reader and has many stories similar to this one. She is where I got my love of reading from and I have been able to pass it on to my kids. On Wednesday Avynlea was doing her daily conditioning zoom call and I founder reading as she was working out. It made me smile and I had to take a picture so I could send it to my Mom. 
With so much time spent at home with nothing to do and no friends to hang out with my kids have struggled with finding fun things to occupy their time. Avynlea and Rylee went with me to Wal-Mart this week and I let them each pick out a craft to do at home. Rylee picked a bath bomb making kit and Avynlea picked a kit to make soap. They had so much fun creating with them and it has given them several hours of entertainment over the course of a couple days this week which has been a blessing. 
Kefford has been growing his beard out for 7 weeks and he is now done with it. I am pretty sure when he decided to not shave his beard until we go back to church that he didn't think we would be out this long. He is ready to not have facial hair and although I think he looks good with a beard it does make kissing a little uncomfortable. I am not a fan of kissing the beard, I honestly can't see how women stand it. We took some pictures of us together to document the beard and he did have me kiss his beard for one of the pictures, lol. 
Rylee and Avynlea went to Brit and Kelsey's house on Thursday to stay a couple of days with them. We have entered Phase 1 of lets get life back to normal in our Quarantine journey and I felt ok with them going to their cousins. On Friday they went to the Farm to stay the night and Kefford and Kenedy went out on Saturday to spend time with his family. I had dance videos to record and I made collection calls so I stayed at home. I love Kefford's family and being at the Farm is enjoyable but I desperately needed some time to myself and some time alone to get things done. I have not had any issues with my kids being home but having two days to myself was a breath of fresh air.
While at the farm the kids got to play with kittens and their cousins and they had a lot of fun. Bob took Kefford, Kenedy and Rylee fishing for Crappie and they had a lot of fun doing that. They all caught at least one fish but Rylee's jumped off and escaped before a picture could get taken of hers. I am glad that they were able to go and have fun.


Later that evening Joshua and Mallory face timed me and I had fun chatting with them. We should have been planning a trip to Seattle in the next two moths and it makes me sad that that probably will not be happening. I am glad they thought to call and it was nice to talk and laugh with them. While we were on the call Kefford decided to start the shaving process and they had a front row seat to all of his different shave designs.