Saturday, May 23, 2020

Week 10 in Quarantine (Dance "Recital" pictures, Avy made Varsity, Rylee locker clean out, Bleach tie dye, Cheer Mom Besties, Ryker and Emily)

Rylee went out to the Farm with Ryker last Tuesday and Avynlea and Kenedy went out on Friday. Ryker came back Saturday afternoon and the girls came back Sunday afternoon. Our morning church service consisted of three people, Kefford, Me and Ryker. It was actually really nice because we could make the lesson more geared towards Ryker and what he needs and so we talked about preparing for a mission. Kefford played a talk by Elder M. Russell Ballard that he gave in the 1976 General Conference all about preparing for a mission. After that Kefford read a little bit from his mission journal and shared some stories and reminisced about his mission. Once he had his fun we talked with Ryker and had him set some goals for himself in regards to preparing for his mission. I thought it was a good meeting and it was nice to be able to have that time to focus on one of our kids and his needs. I forgot to take a picture of us after church in our Sunday clothes so I did it later that night. Better late then never.
Later in the evening we played Jackbox games as a family and then we read scriptures and had our evening prayer. Once we were done with that nobody seemed in a hurry to leave and we sat around and talked until about 11:00. It was so nice to have that time with my family and I loved bing able to sit and talk and laugh with my Husband and our kids. We had such a good time and enjoyed being with each other and bonding in a different way. 

I found a recipe on Pinterest that looked really good for a cookie dough cake. I made the cake part on Saturday but then Sunday morning I made the frosting and ganache for the top. It had cookie dough in the cake and on the cake with the frosting being a cookie dough buttercream. It was really good and really sweet so you couldn't eat a ton of it. My recipe made a pretty large cake so I cut some to share with Kelsey and Brit's family and I also cut another big chunk and sent it with Ryker to take to Mikell and Steve.

I wanted to do a little git for my dancers since this is their last week of Dance and I found an idea using Fun Dip. I didn't get out to the stores to look for Fun Dip on Saturday and I thought to look on Amazon. I was able to get a box and have it delivered the next day, Amazon is amazing! I played around with different ideas for a saying to put on my candy treat and finally came up with one I liked. It looks pretty cute and I didn't put too much time or money into it because I know as soon as it is handed out it will be ripped into, eaten and thrown away. I love that the thought is there and Mom's will appreciate that I love their kids and did this for them.
Monday morning was my first class recital. I originally had 5 kids in this class but because of Covid one of my littles had to drop, so sad. So we had a smaller class of 4 to perform but Desi didn't realize families were going to be there to watch and had a meltdown and wouldn't dance. My heart went out to her she just go so scared and sat in a ball and cried. We were able to get her in the picture but she wouldn't change for the second dance and wouldn't get in that picture. So I had three girls perform and they did amazing!I was so proud of them, I am sad that this is what we had to do for our end of year recital but am so happy that we were able to do something for closure. 
top picture: Kate Lewis, Raegan Young, Ashlyn Clark and Desi Peterson

Kenedy sent me these pictures of Kefford and I that she took on our walk a couple of weeks ago. I didn't know she took these pictures but I am glad she did because I like them.
When Avynlea submitted her cheer tryout video we were told we would find out the results by Monday. The last day to submit videos was Friday and so I was hoping that they would let the girls know sooner. I was a bundle of nerves all weekend and I really tried not to think about the tryout but whenever I did the pit in my stomach got bigger. I don't know why I was so nervous Avynlea seemed to be super chill about it all. We heard nothing Saturday and nothing Sunday, that's ok I really didn't think we would until Monday so I woke up Monday morning and then spent all day checking email and social media looking and hoping for an announcement that the results emails were sent. It was so nerve wracking and I couldn't deal that it was taking so long. Avynlea had her tumbling class that night at 6:30 and I thought for sure we would know by then or at least during the class, nope nothing. 

Finally at 9:00 the email came. Avynlea was on the phone with Dreya and Natalie, and was finally showing how nervous she was and was freaking out and was scared to open her email. I finally got her to do it and she found out that she made VARSITY!!! She was so excited and I was so excited for her!! She has worked so hard and truly earned a spot on the Varsity team. Everyone received their emails at different times because they all couldn't be sent at once and after a couple of minutes all of her friends had theirs and the results were in, Natalie, Avynlea, Dreya and Paige made Varsity and Hailey made JV. They all were super sad for Hailey and knew that she was upset so the girls all went over to her house to comfort her and offer reassurances that just because she was on a different team nothing about their friend group was going to change. I am glad that they went over there and I know it helped Hailey feel better. 
On Tuesday I took Rylee to the Middle School to clean out her locker. It was weird being in the school with nobody else around and I felt a little sad watching Rylee clean all of her stuff out. I am ad for how the year ended but I think I am more sad in that Rylee is now an 8th grader. I am not ready for all of my kid to leave the nest and Rylee is flying through her School years. All of the kids are and it is so crazy to me. Things are changing and change is hard for me but I hope the new changes will be better and exciting 
 After cleaning out her locker Rylee wanted to Tie Dye a couple of shirts with Bleach like Avy did. She picked out a purple and a blue shirt from Wal-Mart, they were cheap so I let her get two and when we got home she started the process. She did the purple one first and after she banded it and bleached it she set it in a bag to soak while we started the second one. We didn't leave it alone for long at all but we took our eyes off the purple for a second and all of a sudden the bleach had spread and most of the color was gone. Rylee quickly started rinsing it and it still had some purple in it so it wasn't bad, I am just amazed with how fast it took and how much color was gone. We decided to really watch the blue one and once we could see the color starting to fade Rylee rinsed that one and then we put them both in the washer. They turned out pretty cool, I love the colors and I love the patterns, it looks like underwater coral to me. Avynlea was wearing one of the shirts she bleached so I took a picture of both of them. Rylee did not like her sister being so close to her and moved away fast after the first picture was taken.
Diana got her degree and was supposed to have a graduation but because of Covid her graduation like everyone else's was cancelled. Us Cheer Mom Besties wanted to do something nice for her and recognize her accomplishments so we planned a surprise "Congratulations on Your Graduation" girls night. I brought balloons and decorations, Carrie brought flowers and Amy brought Diana all to Waffle Love where we surprised our Graduate and had fun talking, eating and hanging out. It was fun and her Graduation gave us another excuse to hang out and be together. 
Carrie, Amy, Elizabeth and Diana

On Thursday I had another in studio Dance Recital. This class started with 8 but I had 3 drop due to Covid related reasons. The girls who came back to finish the year have been so sweet and so much fun, I really love all of my classes and all of my girls, I have been so lucky with kids in my class.

We started off with our Ballet dance which was "The First Day of School" from our Finding Nemo Ballet. They alluded great except for Lyla who got scared and ran to her Mom. Once we did the dance I asked Lyla if she wanted to try it again with me dancing with her, she said Yes and so I held her hand and danced with her. I couldn't do some of it because I was holding her hand but I tried my best and she did a good job of overcoming being scared and did her dance.
The second dance was with the pink pinwheel flowers and it was to s song called "Icing", I danced close to Lyla to help her but did not hold her hand this time and she did a great job, they all did! I was super thankful and happy to see a lot of our hard work pay off.
top picture: Lyla, Clementine, Melina, Ellie and Guin
bottom picture: Guin, Lyla, Ellie, Melina and Clementine
After they danced I gave them their sticker charts and the Fun Dip candies I had put together. Kim thought it was so cute watching me hand out their stuff that she took some pictures of it happening.
My Friday classes were supposed to have their recitals at 4 and 4:30 but one of my Moms asked if their was any way to make it earlier since they were going out of town and wouldn't be able to participate if we did it at that time. I was more then ok with that I would love having an earlier time and every Mom I talked to agreed to it so we rescheduled their time slots for 11 and 11:30. 

First up were my Kinderstars, I had 7 in this class with 4 dropping due to Covid so we had a small 3 dancers dancing in this recital. First up was "Hawaiian Rollercoaster Ride" from the Finding Nemo Ballet and they did amazing. I started the dance and immediately everything went out of my head and I forgot the choreography. I was freaked out but my dancers knew what they were doing and continued on without me and I was able to then remember everything. I was so proud of them, they smiled and danced and had so much fun. It was awesome!

The second dance was "I Spent $10,000 on My Cat's Birthday". They looked so cute in their party outfits and they just make me smile, I love these girls so much! Midway through the dance Roe's party hat started to fall off and she was not dancing anymore because of it so we stopped the music and started over. Something we are able to do when it is a one class recital. Her hat was fixed and we were able to start it agin and the girls did amazing again! After we were done all of the girls wanted to give me hugs and after checking with their Mamas for permission I was able to hug them all, I love them so much and hope to see everyone of them back again in the Fall!
Roen, Blake and Eleanor

Next up was my final dance recital for the year, my Combo Kids. For this class I started with 11 and had 3 drop from the Covid Virus. These girls did an awesome job and it was so fun to watch them dancing. The first dance they did was in the white dresses dancing as "Seagulls" in the Finding Nemo ballet. They love this one because at the end they get to chase a fish they want to eat. Unfortunately we didn't have a fish to chase as it was one of the older students and she couldn't be there but they had fun running and chasing an imaginary fish. I am always impressed with my Combo Kids and how fast they pick up on things and learn their dances. If it were a regular year there is no way they would have needed me in front helping, they could have donut on their own. As it was with this crazy year I stayed in front to help but they still didn't need much help. 
The second dance was our Jazz dance called "The Coolest Kid" and I loved everything about this dance. I added a grinder to their Jazz dance and I could hear one of the Dad's being super impressed with that, it was fun. The costumes I picked were not my first choice but they are the best choice. The first ones were a short and jacket combo outfit and it looked horrible on every single girls, super ill fitting and too tight around the arms, those were sent back and I ordered these and they were so much better and loved so much more by every single girl. I think they have a Rainbow Bright vibe to them and that makes me happy. One of my Moms said she loves it so much she is trying to find reasons for her daughters to wear them again! I love these girls and being around them and I am going to miss them and all of my girls so much.

Roen's Mom brought flowers for me and Roen and she sent me the picture she took of us after the recital. She is such a sweet Mom and has been super loving and supportive of me and all that I do. I really have the best kids and families!
The potted flowers were from Eleanor, the dutch Bros card from Kyah and the sweetest little note came from Lyla. 

Melissa is one of the studio owners and isn't around when I am teaching every week. She has been there all week this week videoing the dances and after my Friday classes were done she told me how impressed she was with my teaching, she said I pick age appropriate costumes and music and I do such a good job with my kids. It was really nice to get such positive feedback from her and makes me feel super good about myself and my teaching abilities. 
top picture: Juliette, Sophia, Savannah, Harbor, Tatum, Kyah and Rachel
bottom picture: Juliette, Harbor, Sophia, Savannah, Kyah, Tatum and Rachel

On Saturday Ryker left the farm and met his friend Emily in Emmett to go dirt bike riding. Ryker says this was not a date but it kinda was. There wasn't dinner and a movie but there was dirt bike riding and getting to know each other more. Emily is one of the Patients at Peterson Orthodontics and after getting permission from her Mom and Emily he gave Ryker Emilys number. They have been texting back and forth for a while and now have finally been able to get together. Ryker wanted to take her on a double date with Matthew and his girlfriend a couple of weekends ago but Emily got food poisoning and wasn't able to make it, o it was good they could finally do something.