Saturday, May 16, 2020

Week 9 in Quarantine (Mother's Day, Cheer Virtual tryouts, Avy is Braces free!)

Happy Mothers Day! My first Mothers Day in quarantine and the first Mothers Day I didn't have to go to church! I am not a fan of Mothers Day at church although last years was pretty great so I was quite happy that I could have church at home with just my family. It was even more special in that my kids all gave talks and each had different things to talk about. I think Kefford gave the assignment to talk about a quality they see in me that they want to emulate. Rylee didn't quite understand the topic and just talked about why she loves me which was really sweet. Avynlea talked about how I am a selfless Mom and gave some examples of selfless things she has seen me do. Ryker talked about how I am as a teacher both at home and as his Sunday School class and gave me mucho compliments on how much he has learned from me and felt the spirit while being in class with me. Kenedy talked about charity and how I emulate that quality. It was nice and it made me feel really good. I don't always have the best thoughts about how I am doing in my role as a mother and it is always nice to get positive feedback from the ones who would know the best.
After church my family made me steak with seasoned fries and onion rings and Avynlea made me a frog eye salad. I thought of that during our little church service and it sounded so good and she was so sweet to volunteer to make it for me. Rylee got me a sonic gift card, a little painting she had made, a little chocolate cake and a crumbl cookies gift card. She also made a chocolate cake for everyone to eat and I loved how she decorated it. Avynlea gave me a cool iridescent platter and cake plate with cover that  she caught me admiring one day at Wal-Mart. It looks like something a mermaid would serve her food on, perfect for me! Ryker got me a Hobby Lobby gift card and Kenedy bought me a Main street candle that was supposed to smell like main street at Disneyland. When it came she was disappointed with the smell because it just smelled like generic vanilla, definitely did not smell like we were at Disneyland. She decided to return it and get me something else. I had a great Mother's Day, I felt spoiled and loved and appreciate all that my family did to make me feel that way. Later in the day I got to have a chat on Zoom with my Mom and siblings and it was lots of fun to talk to them. What a great Day!
Avynlea had the idea to do something special for her cheer besties Mom's and had her friends send short little videos wishing us all Happy Mother's Day and a picture of each of them with their Mom. She put it together in iMovie and made a really cute Mother's Day Video for my Cheer Mom Besties and I.
Top Left clockwise: Hailey and Carrie, Amy and Paige, Dreya and Gricelda, Avynlea and Elizabeth, Diana and Natalie

On Monday Avynlea had her cheer besties come over for a little bit so they could get some more practicing done. They came at about 4 and then at 6 I took them to the gym for their first tumbling class back at the gym! It was so nice for them to get back there and to tumble on the gym floor with Kaeleigh. Avynlea did her round off back hand spring with her spotting and it looked so good! I really wish she could just break that mental block and do it on her own. I could see how much stronger she was because of all the daily conditioning she has been doing. I am so proud of her for working so hard and really pray that she will break that mental block soon.
On Tuesday the girls came back over to film their tryout video stuff. They had to do a double toe touch jump, a pike jump, a right hurdler jump, the tryout chant, tryout cheer, the Fight song and the tryout cheer dance, they also could add any tumbling they could do and stunt videos from the previous cheer season. It was a lot to do and a lot to film. It took all day because the girls weren't rushed at all and everything had to be filmed one at a time except the dance because that was to music and the girls didn't make noise. Everything was filmed and done multiple times by each girl, it was crazy and I was exhausted by the end of it and I was just filming! They also practiced more before filming and Avynlea wasn't too happy with her jumps so she filmed them again on Wednesday.
At noon Diana stopped by with Pizza, salad and fruit for everyone which was nice. Those girls eat a lot and have no fear about helping themselves to my pantry and fridge. It didn't bother me I just thought it was funny especially when Paige and Hailey immediately got a bowl of cereal for themselves as soon as they got here on Tuesday morning. I was grateful that Diana provided lunch for them and I made chocolate chip cookies as a treat. 
 Paige, Hailey, Avynlea, Natalie and Dreya
I screenshot a picture from Avynlea's intro video and then she screenshot her Right Hurdler jump. I think her jump looks pretty awesome. She edited everything and put it all together and then sent her tryout video in. She feels really good about it and I really hope it is enough to get her on Varsity. She did a video of her doing a round off and a front handspring as well as two videos from the cheer season of her being an amazing flyer. I would want her on my Varsity team, she is cute and bubbly, and she is a hard worker willing to do anything in the air, they would be lucky to have her, fingers crossed!

On Wednesday Avynlea got her braces off! She was so excited and has looked forward to this day for a long time. I took her in to the office where Kelsey removed her braces, Kefford made her a retainer and then they took pictures and x-rays to document the changes. She has to wear her retainer night and day for three months and then after that nighttime only. She is so cute!