Saturday, July 7, 2018

White Water Rafting!

I had so much fun white water rafting at girls camp that I really wanted to go again with all of my family and Heather since she was going to be in town at the perfect time. We coordinated with our friends the Hansen's (who own the boats) and managed to find a time that worked for both of our families busy schedules. We decided to take the longer trip down the river and it had a lot more calm spots then the way we went for Girls Camp. Nobody fell out of the boat during the rapids but there was plenty of jumping in for floating and cooling off. In addition to our family, the Hansen's were there with their two oldest girls, Kim had her Dad along, Kenedy had her friend Gabi with us and of course Heather was there. It looks like the only picture we got of Ryker was his peace sign in the top picture, he is pretty good about staying out of pictures when he wants to be, also he is a stinker.


Kenedy and Gabi rode the bull the entire trip and never fell in which is an accomplishment. "Riding the Bull" is when you sit on the very edge of the front of the boat.
Riding down the river between the mountains and all the pine trees gave me another sense of appreciation for God's hand in giving us beautiful places to see and enjoy. The views were stunning and while I miss California I really love living in Idaho and being able to surround myself in all this beautiful scenery.
Ally and Avynlea were super cute together, whenever we got close to going through the rapids they would wrap their arms round each other and hang on for dear life!
During one of the lulls we were encouraged to jump in the water and float around for a while. I decided to take advantage of the break so I could enjoy the cool water. It was a really hot day, high up in the 90's, so it was nice to relax and cool off in the water.
Poor Rylee got injured during our trip, she decided to hang off the boat in the water and her foot rubbed too hard along some rocks that were in the water. Her foot got scraped up pretty bad and it made it a bit hard for her to walk around later. Luckily we were boating in one of natures numbing tools and we had her sit on the edge and keep her foot in the top of the water to cool it down and help numb some of the pain away. When it got to the part where the river was low enough that we could walk beside the boat Rylee stayed inside to Captain us around. She is such a good sport and did not complain at all about her hurt foot. 
I am so happy that Heather was here to go rafting with us. I love that she comes to visit me every year and I love being able to show her fun things to do. This was a good trip!
Kim and I, we just love her and her family!
Sophie, Avynlea and Ally walking in the shallow depths of the water.