Thursday, July 5, 2018

4th of July

On the morning of the 4th of July Heather and I went out walking, when we got back we found Kefford and Avynlea in the kitchen making holiday pancakes! They colored some of the batter red and added blueberries to some of the white batter, they were delicious and fun to come home to. 


rylee woke up on the 3rd with red goopy eyes, I figured she had pink eye and Kefford had one of his Dr friends call in a prescription, The Dr said it might not be pink eye, that it could any number of things and not necessarily contagious but we decided to use the medicine just in case. I also decided that we probably should not take her to the Farms 4th of July party because if it was pink eye I would feel terrible for spreading it around. Her eye was looking a little better on the 4th but Heather and I stayed home with her while the rest of the family went out to the farm. 
We wanted to make this not a bummer day for Rylee so after everyone else left we went over to Reeds dairy to get some ice cream, their ice cream is so good! Then after going to a couple of stores we came home and vegged in from of the TV for a while watching Harry Potter.
Whitney sent me a couple pictures of Kefford playing with his nieces and nephews, in the top picture he is being chased by girls with water balloons and in the bottom picture he is enjoying Xander, Charlotte and Kinsley. He is such a good Uncle and I love seeing him love and have fun with all of the littles.
Kefford also sent me some pictures of him and Ave taking a ride in the Corvette. Fancy!
After the movie we packed up snacks, games chairs and a blanket and headed over to Story Park for food, fireworks and fun. We wanted to watch the fireworks and this was the best way to do it and the most fun. We got some food from the food trucks, I got Rylee a corn Dog and I shared my massive amount of curly fries that I got with my small bit of chicken tenders. The food was ok but oohing I would ever spend my money on again. We should have just got cafe rio and brought that with us, it would have been tastier. The food was way too greasy and the chicken tender I got was better suited for a toddler with how non existent it was. I was pretty disappointed. 
Avy felt really bad that Rylee could not go to the farm so while we were at War-Mart she insisted on picking out an activity for Rylee to do while they were gone. Rylee really enjoyed painting her canvas at the park and I think her finished product turned out so cute!
Heather brought us fireworks glasses that she bought while she was on her Washington DC trip, they were fun to wear and added the words USA to all of the fireworks. I thought they made the display that much more exciting. Th fireworks display was beautiful, gun and worth waiting around for. I did feel that the show lasted pretty long but right when I commented on the length they did the grand finale and we were done. It was a great 4th of July and I enjoyed having time with Rylee without the other kids around. I do hope for next year to be infection free though!