Monday, August 21, 2017

August Summer Fun

Kefford took Ryker with him to Emmett to help cut the maze into the corn for the Barnyard Cornmaze. Ryker is never thrilled to go and do this work because he says it is hot and boring but he is a good sport to go and help out with minimal complaining. Kefford sent me this picture he took of my favorite son in the cornfield.
Brighton put together a neighborhood food truck party for our Banbridge community. Kenedy was working, Ryker and Avynlea were out at the farm so that left Me, Kefford and Rylee to attend this free food gathering. They had three food trucks at the grassy area by the pool, a hot dog truck, a taco truck and a hamburger truck. Rylee got a hot dog while I picked a taco salad from the taco truck. Rylee liked hers while I was incredibly disappointed by mine. I was expecting a Costa Vida type salad but what I got was completely subpar and not very tasty. Kefford came a little bit later then us because he was finishing up a video game race and when he arrived he picked a hamburger and fries. I was really jealous when I saw his meal and wished I could  have gone back in time and chosen differently. We had an extra food ticket because the hot dog truck did not take Rylee's so after some encouragement from Kefford and some friends i went and used it to get some fries. They were tasty but did not completely make up for my mistake in choosing the taco salad. We had a good time visiting with neighbors, listening to music and eating free food. Brighton also had a sno cone truck come and we all got free sno cones which are always delicious!

Mallory sent me this picture of Amos lying on the quilt Rylee made for him and wearing the onesie I gave to her at their gender reveal party. He looks so stinking adorable in this picture and it made me want to be with him so I cold pick him up and squish him, He is so cute!
Rylee took another picture of her bunny, she actually took about 4 but I chose just one to include in the blog.
One Thursday when Kenedy was working Rylee and I decided to go to her work to buy some pizza. I had a coupon which we used and it wasn't until about two weeks later that Kenedy found out she could have been letting us get half price pizza this entire time! I think this girl needs to ask her employees more questions. She did not know that I was taking her picture and I caught her during the times she was not smiling. She is actually a happy employee to the customers.
Kefford and I took Rylee with us to Walmart one evening and when we got to the entrance to our subdivision Kefford let Rylee climb onto his lap to drive the rest of the way home. She loved this and did an ok job of getting us to our house.
I like finding pictures of hairstyles on Pinterest and I like trying them out in my girls hair. On Sunday I did two of the hair styles I found in Avynlea and Rylees hair. They both turned out super cute and the girls got a lot of compliments on their fancy hairdos. 
Two beautiful girls!
Avynlea helped me out Sunday morning by make the dough for the rolls. We kind forgot about the dough and she left it in the KitchenAid instead of taking it out, kneading it and letting it rise in a different bowl. When we came home from church we laughed at the dough we had forgotten about.
No matter we were still able to make delicious rolls and the most tastiest cinnamon rolls ever!

Kefford went to the farm to pick up Ryker and he brought back potatoes, watermelon, onions and cucumbers for us. I didn't want the onions to go bad before I could use them so I chopped them up to put them in bags in the freezer. Onions make my eyes burn so bad so I put on some sunglasses hoping that would help them not burn. Avynlea told me goggles would work better so I switched the sunglasses out for my swim goggles. Avynlea thought I looked pretty funny and she took a picture of me. I looked funny but my eyes did not burn and I was able to get three sandwich bags filled with chopped onions into my freezer. I call this a win!