Sunday, February 26, 2017

Rock Hop 80's Style

Rylee's Honor Choir had an 80's style Rock Hop they were putting on for the school as a fundraiser for their program. Rylee was really excited and told me a couple of days before hand that we needed to go shopping for some 80's clothes for her. I assured her that we will have no problem finding things for her to wear out of our own closets, no shopping necessary. When she came home from school the day of she was ready and anxious to start getting dressed up. I pulled a t-shirt from Kenedy's closet, leggings from Rylee's drawer, a jean jacket from Avynlea's closet and told Rylee to put them on. I tied up the shirt with a hair elastic and pulled half of her hair up in a side pony which I then wrapped with a headband that looked like a scrunch once it was in her hair. She put on some big hoop earrings, let me apply some purple and blue eyeshadow to her eye lids, put on her blue high top sneakers and she was transformed into a child of the 80"s!
Because Rylee was in Honor choir we did not have to pay for her or Kefford and I to get in. Avynlea I did have to pay for and we also bought some tickets so that the girls and Kefford could get some ice-cream. The Honor Choir sang "Africa" which is a popular song by Toto and they also sang "Don't stop Believing' " by Journey.  They kept the lights off on the stage when they were singing so they could do a lightening effect by flashing the lights at some points throughout the Africa song. They also kept the lights off during the second song which was annoying. I was videoing the songs and having the lights off on stage seemed backwards to me and the kids didn't show up as well in the video. Boo

After the entertainment was done the kids got to dance and have fun. I liked watching Rylee dance with her friends and watching Avynlea hang out/kindof dance with her friends. 


Our Kinderstars are doing a dance to the song "Hair Up" from the Trolls movie. After Kim and I picked the costume I saw a really cute tutorial on Pinterest for making Troll hair headbands. I talked it over with Kim and we thought it would be super cute and fun to make them for our dancers to wear during the dance and so I bought the supplies and with Avynlea's help got them put together. They turned out really cute and I am excited to see how they look on our cute little dancers.